Chapter ten

Clara's pov

I watched as Jace's father took him into his office and Jace's mom smiled at me. "Hello Clara, come sit next to me." She said. I thought I saw a bruise on her arm but it was quickly covered by her sleeve.

I ignored it and sat down on the couch. "So tomorrow the whole pack will meet you and you'll be Luna, since you're mostly human this is all pretty new to you huh?" She asked and I nodded.

"And that's totally okay, that's what I'm here for." She said. I was getting confused. "So, while Jace and his father are taking care of some things we'll be going over your duties as Luna." She said.

* * *

By the end of it I was worn out. It was nine o'clock and I was tired already.

I had so many responsibilities. I had to help cook, clean and take care of children. This wasn't even my house!

This just proves how sexist these places are! I'm going to make Jace keep his word on our first child being alpha, male or female.

Jace came in and flopped on the bed. "You wiped out too?" I asked and he groaned. "I hate my dad." He said.

"Why?" I asked. I wish he was more thankful for growing up with his dad. I grew up for about ten years believing my dad was dead and he has his dad.

"He just sickens me." He grumbled into the pillow. "How?" I understand how his dad is intimidating, but sickening I don't understand.

He sat up and pulled me close to him, breathing in my scent, which he's always done. "When he pulled me into his office and taught me how to run a pack, he told me how to make sure I can keep my mate 'in check.'" He said, anger on his face.

"What does that mean?" I asked baffled. "He told me if I ever needed to 'discipline' you, it's acceptable for me to physically assault you. Apparently he does it to my mom too."

I jumped away immediately. "Clara, what's-"

"Would you ever do that to me?" I demanded, interrupting him. I put my hand on my stomach in a protecting manor. If he ever tried to harm me or the babies, I'd be out of here.

"Are you crazy?!" He nearly yelled. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did!" I could tell he was hurt by the question so I crawled back into his arms.

"I'm sorry, but I had to know because if you ever hurt me or these kids, I'll leave and I won't look back." I apologized but also warned him.

"I know, and I won't ever do that. I honestly don't know how they're mates. He treats her like that yet I can believe it when I see the way he looks at her. With so much love and adoration." He said smiling aimlessly, and I yawned and stood up.

"I'm really tired, so I'm going to sleep." I said, changing into pajamas. He undressed into his boxers and got under the covers.

I laid down next to him and he wrapped his arms around me and I quickly fell asleep.

Jace's pov

I heard Clara's breathing steady and I relaxed, knowing she was asleep. I admit I was hurt she thought I would lay a hand on her, but I knew it was her doing what was best for our kids.

I loved saying that. Our kids. She's having my babies, and I loved it. I moved my hand under her shirt onto her belly, where the babies' are. I couldn't stop the grin on my face.

"I love all three of you." I muttered to them even though I know she was asleep, and the babies' couldn't hear me. I know it's pretty crazy that I'm almost sixteen and happy I'm going to be a father. But what most don't realize is, like I said mates live to reproduce. I was raised to have this happen with my mate.

I thought back to what my father told me.

____Flashback____

I followed my dad into his office and she shut the door swiftly behind me. "Take a seat son." He told me motioning to the chair in front of his desk.

I sat down, and he sat down in the chair behind his desk. "Since you found your mate there is something I need to tell you." He said, cold and emotionless, like he always speaks. The only time he sounds happy is when he speaks to my mom.

"Sometimes your mate will put up a fight, but punishments to discipline your mate are acceptable. I hit your mom when she steps out of line, but that doesn't happen much." He said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My father hurts my mother? I wanted nothing more than to strangle him.

"I don't like doing it, but sometimes it needs to be done. Now let's get started."

___Flashback Over___

I shook my head at the memory. I know my parents love each other and that's what should matter.

* * *

Clara's pov

I woke up because Jace was shaking me lightly. "Babe, get up. My mom is going to take you to school." He said helping me get up, and handing me the clothes I brought for today.

I changed and he went downstairs and I followed. His mom was already waiting.

"Come on Clara." She said nicely and handed me an apple as we went to the car.

The drive was okay. We just talked about the ceremony tonight and she told me she was picking me up after school too.

I walked into the building and was happy, today was the last day I would be known as a slut who took the alpha from his mate.

Or it should be, right?

A/N I'm sorry it took me awhile to update but I finally did it. So if you're reading this you are very lucky. If you have any questions for Jace ask them and Clara might have Jace answer them when they film the second part of the video. Please don't have them involve werewolves since she can't bring that up. Thanks and also comment what you think of the story. Love you all and thanks for the support.

P.S. Please ignore any mistakes.