Chapter eight

Clara's pov

The weekend went by way too fast and I was sitting on the bus on the way to school on Monday morning. I was thankfully getting checked out early because I had an ultrasound appointment today and Jace was coming too.

We were going to get a normal ultrasound check up where they check the heartbeats and see how the babies are doing.

We also get to have pictures of them which I'm super excited to see. My mom said that they'll be able to tell the genders when I'm about four or five months but there are old wives tales we can do just for fun.

Jenny was on the bus too and sitting away from me and I just ignored her. She want's to be a backstabbing bitch then she can go ahead and be one.

I started listening to music. When I got to school Ali came up to me. "So how's the alpha?" She asked. I knew who she was talking about but no clue what she meant by how he was. "What do you mean?" I asked. "In bed silly. I heard alphas are usually really good." She said. "Well looks like you'll never know." I said and walked away.

I don't have time for her shit. I walked into the school and walked to my first hour since my bus got there late. Jenny and Ali and all their bitches were giving me nasty looks. I just ignored them.

Seriously bitch get a life. Class went by fast and when the bell rang I went into the bathroom. I gave myself a look in the mirror and pulled my shirt up. Even though I was eight weeks since they're twins my stomach already had a bump and in the tank top I was wearing under my blazer you could see the bump.

In the hallway I knew people could see the bump. A girl I didn't know and her friends came up to me. "Ugh sluts like you make this country messed up." She said. "Are you sure it's not bitches like you causing teen suicide?" I asked walking away.

Come on? People I don't know are doing it too? I went up to my locker and written in red spray paint read 'You little whore!' I sighed. Why can't people just get a life?

They're just jealous something interesting is happening to me and they have no life. I used the locker anyway and just put all my stuff in there and went to my next class with nothing but a pencil.

I sat in the back and tried to ignore the stares I kept getting from everyone. About twenty minutes later when the teacher turned around I got hit in the head with a crumpled up piece of paper. I turned around and saw one of the girls I never really talked to, hell I didn't even know her name giving me a glare. I opened it up.

'Why would you sleep with the alpha you slut? He has a mate out there he can't be focused on you and your baby. I bet it's not even his you slut.'

Are you fucking kidding me?! She went over the line when she said Jace isn't the father. I laid my head down on my desk. Thank God I'm getting checked out today.

When class ended I went outside to the back of the school and sat down against the brick wall. I pulled out my phone and headphones and played a song that fits in to how I'm feeling. Or at least how I should feel.

Unbreakable by Firelight.

I sat there for all of third hour. Before I went in there I texted my mom and told her I needed her to come get me early. I know I shouldn't run from my problems but if I stayed it would only get worse.

In fourth hour I sat at the table alone. No one dared sit by me or else they would lose social status. Gosh social status isn't even worth it if you're helping someone who is being bullied.

A girl I had never seen before walked in and looked around. The only empty seat was next to me. She had long wavy brown hair and eyes. She was extremely pretty and had on a black dress with and a red belt and black flats.

She came and sat next to me. "Hi I'm Brielle, I'm new. Can I sit here?" She asked. "Go ahead unless you don't want to make any friends here." I said. "Why would sitting by you cause that?" She asked setting her stuff down and sitting in the seat.

"Well if you sit with the pregnant 'slut' everyone will hate you too." I said air quoting slut. "You're pregnant?" She asked. I nodded. "It's twins." I said. "And because of this you lost your friends?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well, you have a new one now." She said. "You do realize this means everyone will hate you too?" I said and she shrugged.

"I don't care. They can hate me I don't give a crap." She said. We exchanged numbers and the teacher started talking so we stopped.

Towards the end of the day my mom came and got me. When we got there Jace and his mom were there in the waiting room.

I sat next to Jace and his mom gave me a sympathetic look but also a judging one.

I forgot they didn't know we were mates. "I don't want your parents thinking of me the way they look at me." I said. "Can we please tell them we're mates?" I asked. "You sure?" He asked and I nodded and squeezed his hand.

"Mom, there's something I haven't told you." He said. She gave him a questioning look.

"And what would that be?" She asked. He sighed. "Clara and I are mates." He said. "I told you we weren't because she's not ready to be introduced to the pack." He said.

She looked at me. "Well I'm happy that the girl my son got pregnant at least is his mate." She said. "Now all you guys need to do is become eighteen."

"Clara Jones" The nurse said and me and Jace went in there while our moms stayed out there.

"Is this the father of your baby?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm Jace." He said.

She took us into a room and had me lay down and then she started rubbing the cold gel on my stomach and used to tube camera thing.

"Alright both babies seem to be doing just find." She said. "They're both healthy and how far along did the other place say you are?" She asked.

"They said I would be about eight weeks right now." I said and she shook her head.

"By looking at a clearer image like I am now I can tell you aren't eight weeks. It looks like you're about ten so you're almost three months." She said. "Would you like some pictures?" She asked.

"Yes please." Jace said and she printed some out and gave them to us. I looked at them and smiled. These pictures were the first pictures we have of our kids.

My favorite was the one with the both of them that said: 'Hi Mom and Dad, there are two of us in here."

She did some more things on her computer before escorting us out. When we got out there both our moms were talking.

"So Clara," Jace's mom said to me. "I don't want to push you into anything, but when would you like to be introduced to the pack. We told them Jace got a girl pregnant but not that you guys are mates." She said.

I shrugged. "I don't know. What would happen after it's announced?" I asked. "Well, you would be treated with more respect at school by other pack members." She said. "Also you would become Luna." She said.

"Um I guess whenever you guys want." I said. I really didn't know what would happen but if I became luna but they said I would get respect at school so that's a good thing.

Right?