Chapter fifteen

Clara's pov

I looked myself down in the mirror. I was wearing a dress shirt and leggings, that covered my almost noticeable pregnancy bump.

My mom said that it was fine, that her mom wouldn't notice. She was a nervous wreck downstairs, waiting for my dad and Josh to get here.

I heard a light knock on my door before Ryder poked his head in. "They're here." Was all he said.

I nodded and took a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

I followed him downstairs, prepared to see the two people that I've believed to be dead for years.

We got downstairs and I froze my feet in their place. I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me.

My father looked exactly how I remembered him, just a little older. He had his arm wrapped around Mom's waist and I was glad to see Mom happy in her mate's arms.

Ryder was talking to a boy who looked a few years younger than me. That must be Josh.

"Ok, I have the kids, my bag, pictures my mom asked for, am I missing anything?" Mom asked Dad. He shook his head. "No I think you got everything. Are you ready?" He asked.

She nodded. "Alright everyone, let's get in the car." She said, nervously.

Dad grabbed her hand to comfort her and we all walked to the car.

About twenty minutes into the car ride Mom spoke up. "I just realized this is the first time Clara and Josh have technically 'met'. It feels silly introducing them." She said looking back at us.

"Hi Josh." I said. He gave me a small wave, he was obviously shy and uncomfortable. It's weird, my brother is shy towards me; his sister.

We finally got to her house, and I was nervous. I really hope no one figured out I was pregnant.

We walked to the door and Dad rang the doorbell. A few short moments later an older woman opened the door.

"Elizabeth." The woman addressed Mom. "Please come in." She said walking away. We walked in and the woman sat on the couches.

"You all may sit." She said. It was so awkward. We all sat down, and Mom introduced us all.

"Mom, this is my oldest, Ryder. He's fifteen. I was pregnant with him when you kicked me out." She said.

"Hello Ryder." She said in a cool voice. "Ms. Dean." He acknowledged.

"This is Clara, she's thirteen." Mom introduced me.

"Hello Clara." She said, noticeably cooler. Crap, could she tell I was pregnant?

"And our youngest, Josh, who's eleven."

They acknowledged each other, then Mom looked at Dad and smiled.

"Mom, you remember John, right? He's my husband and the kids' father." She said.

Ms. Dean nodded. "I remember. To be honest I didn't believe you when you said you guys were still together."

Dad wrapped his arm around Mom. "Ma'am, I can assure you that I love your daughter very much, and wouldn't dream of leaving her or the kids."

"Oh speaking of kids!" Ms. Dean said, clapping your hands together. "Your sisters are both married. In fact Camille is pregnant with her first."

"How's Diana?" Mom asked. "She's good. No kids, yet."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Oh and did I mention they'll both be here?" She asked rushing to the door.

A beautiful woman with a big bump stood in the doorway, next to a man who must be her husband. She had long curly golden hair and bright green eyes.