Chapter twenty-three

Clara's pov

I was staring at the ultrasound picture and laying on my bed with Jace.

Two babies, a boy and girl. It didn't seem real. I was going to be a mom.

It still doesn't feel real. I feel like I'm not supposed to be a mom. Maybe they're hormones, maybe that's how I really feel.

Suddenly I felt walls closing in on me.

"I can't be a mom." I whispered to Jace.

He looked over at me concerned.

"What are to talking about?" He asked, squeezing my hand.

"I don't know." I mumbled. "I just feel like I wouldn't be good at it. I'm thirteen. I don't even know how to change a diaper."

"I do, I'll teach you." He assures me. "We're in it together, I love you. It'll be okay." He says.

"You say it'll be okay." I say. "But you don't know. We have these two kids for eighteen years at the least. How are you not scared shitless?" I asked.

He shrugged. "It's normal for werewolves." He said. "I know it's hard for you to understand, but your mom had you and your brothers young and you're having our kids young."

I took a deep breath. "I'm glad you stuck with me. I don't think I could handle this alone." I mutter.

"It's not ideal but it happened." He says.

______

The next day Jace was at his house but I was home with my mom.

"Mom, do you regret having Ryder when you were sixteen?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Being a mom was the best thing that happened to me. I love you and your brothers with all my heart, and your dad is my other half. Why do you ask?"

"I'm worried that I'll resent my kids and look at them as the reason I can't do anything with my life." I said.

"Are you having second thoughts about being pregnant?" She asked. "Do you regret it?"

"The only think I really regret is thinking 'trust me' is sensible birth control." I said, causing her to laugh.

"Clara, I did it, without the help of my mom. You'll have me, your dad, Jace, and his family to help. I'm not going up lie, I'm disappointed in you. I wanted to raise you better than what happened to me." She said.

"I'm sorry mom, I really am. I was terrified when I found out. I still am." I said.

"How are your classes?" She asked. "Is home school going alright?"

I nod. "I think maybe life is starting to get better."

A/N I want to give a HUGE apology to everyone who's waited for this chapter, even though it's short. If you are still here, thank you so much you have no idea how much it means to me. If you guys want to know where I've been let me know, if you don't that's fine. Here's a chapter. It'll start to pick up soon, but I just wanted to let y'all know I'm writing it again. It will still be on hold because it will be slow but I'm back.