Chapter twenty

Clara's pov

"You're dad is pissed." My mom told me the next morning. I knew he was. He yelled at Jace and I last night.

"What is he going to do?" I asked. "He wants you two to brake up, however I reminded him if there's an attraction between you two, whether or not you're official will have no impact on your sex life."

I nodded. Jace left thirty minutes ago, and my dad was with Ryder.

"Clara, your school emailed me. They want us to come in tomorrow morning." Mom said.

"Why?" I asked. "Doesn't say." She muttered. "Guess we'll find out."

"Are you mad at us?" I asked. "No. Disappointed? Yes." She said.

"I'm sorry." I tried. "What's done is done." She shrugged.

My mom was good at guilting my brothers and I. I feel bad for my new sibling, enduring that double. Ryder and I grew up with our mom, Josh grew up with our dad, but this baby will get both.

"Mom, tell me how you and Dad met." I said, knowing that would change her mood. It worked.

"Well, I was sixteen. My mother remarried, and we moved here." She began, looking up at me.

"My sisters and I drove to school together, but we had different interests, so when we got to school we split up to find different people.

"I was a loner, so I walked around alone in the parking lot. Then I saw your father." She said.

When she calmed down, she continued. "I felt this strange twinge of jealousy, and he looked up at me, I felt something different, I didn't know why. So I took off when he started walking towards me."

"Then how did you guys meet if you were dead set on staying away?" I asked. She laughed again.

"I was late to my class, and while roaming the empty hallways, he pulled me into the janitor's closet. He told me his name, and that the girl from that morning meant nothing to him, then he asked me to go to his house. If I didn't feel the mate bond, I wouldn't have gone, and thought he was crazy, but I ended up going." She said.

"When you got pregnant did you know about mates and werewolves?" I asked. She shook her head.

"He didn't tell me until I was in my second trimester, and I was already living with him." She answered.

"Why?"

"He didn't want me to have some way to leave him. The chances of miscarriage go down after the first trimester, and if I was still pregnant I wouldn't have anywhere to go." She said.

"If the pack didn't like you, how were you allowed to stay?" I asked.

"I was possibly carrying the pack's heir. After Ryder was born, his mother demanded more grandchildren, but it took us awhile. That's how I got to stay around, but we ended up moving out."

"Are you telling the story I think you're telling?" My dad asked, coming in with Ryder.

"The one where you dragged her into a janitors closet?" I asked. He looked at me, and the smile on his face disappeared.

"Where's Josh?" He asked, ignoring me.

"Still asleep. We have to go into Clara's school tomorrow morning with her." My mom told him.

"Why?" He asked. "Can't do you it yourself?"

"It doesn't say why, and I've been going to these alone for as long as they've been in school. You should come to one." Mom said, but more like an order.

"I went to all of Josh's." He defended. Geez, was it really that big of a deal?

"I went to some of those too. You're going." She demanded. He grumbled something, and my mom shot him a warning look.

"Kids, go to your rooms. I need to speak to your dad." Mom spoke. We quickly obliged.

For some reason, Ryder followed me into my room.

"You know Dad wants you to break up with Jace." He said. "Mom made me aware." I answered.

"Will you?"

"I don't know. Maybe, if it'll get Dad to talk to me. What do you think I should do?" I asked.

"I know if you break up with Jace he'll be heartbroken. You don't understand the mate bond, because you don't have a wolf. His wolf, along with himself, will be in agony. Not only will he deal with being away from you, but he'll have to deal with knowing you could be with anyone you want." He said.

"Would he forget the fact no one will want me when I'm pregnant with another man's babies?" I asked, he nodded.

"But, I understand why you want Dad's approval. You just really met him, and you want him to like you, because in some way, it's like a daughter meeting her step father. Yeah, he's our real dad, but I just met him a few months before you did, and that was a month ago." He said.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I just understand how people work."

"You could be a psychologist." I told him. He shook his head. "I can't. I'm a Beta." He said.

"Is that what you want?" I asked. "It makes Dad proud." He said, avoiding the question.

"But what do you want?" I asked. He sighed.

"You guessed it. A psychologist."

"Then do that. Am I going to be stuck being a Luna if I says with Jace?" I asked. "Well, Lunas and Betas are different." He said.

"Still, you should do what you want. Dad will understand, it's the fact that you are good enough to be one that should count." I said.

"You're good at this too." He observed. I shook my head. "It's true. You're mostly human, yet you got to be one. That's amazing."

"Thanks." He said. "I'll tell Dad and Jace what I want. What are you going to do?" He asked.

I put my head in my hands. "I don't know. I want to make my family happy, but I don't want to hurt anyone." I said.

"I honestly think Dad should get over it. He was having sex with Mom when he was a teenager, and might've not just had sex with Mom. I think he's really annoyed that he just happened to walk in on it." Ryder said.

"You're right. This was the first time we'd done it since he moved in, and he's been here awhile." I said.

"That doesn't mean I'm on your side. I'm just not on his either. What do you think the school wants?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I guess we'll find out tomorrow."

A/N I know it's short, I'm sorry. I have most of the next chapter plan I just need your help. Can you guys message me some complications that could be thrown in the story? I have the story planned out, but I don't have those small minor things that make it a story not a situation. It would be great if you could do that. Thanks!