Chapter five

Jace's pov

"Jace what's an alpha?" Clara asked me. I froze. Shit shit shit. How do I answer that? I don't want to lie to her. Wait.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked her.

"Well Jenny betrayed me and was talking to Ali and told her that you were the father of our kids and Ali said something like that I slept with the alpha but I only slept with you." She said.

Oh that makes sense. Ali and Jenny were wolves in my pack.

My father stepped down last year when I turned fifteen because he got tired of being alpha.

My parents don't know Clara is my mate or about her pregnancy.

"They also said I was mostly human." She added which was true. She wouldn't shift but she would have a mate and advanced senses and Ryder would all those as well.

"Hold on." I said and went downstairs where her mom was at the kitchen table writing things down.

"Liz Clara overheard Jenny talking to a girl about me being an alpha." I said.

She looked up. "Should we tell her? I mean she's only thirteen Ryder didn't know until five months ago and I feel like she's not ready to know about werewolves and-" she was cut off by someone laughing.

Clara was standing behind us and was smiling. "Ok seriously? Werewolves? What kind of joke are you guys playing?" She asked. "Clara honey sit down." Her mom said standing up and leading her to the couch.

I followed and sat next to Clara. "Ryder get down here now!" Liz yelled and Ryder soon came running down the stairs.

"What's up?" He asked and their mom sighed. "It's time to tell Clara the truth."

Clara's pov

When my mom said it was time for me for know the truth I wanted to laugh in her face.

Ryder sat next to Mom and she sighed and took a deep breath.

"Ok so I guess now is where I start. Well Clara remember when you were little and your dad and little brother died?" She asked.

I nodded. What does this have to do with anything?

"Well they never really died." She added. What the hell? Oh my god my mom is crazy.

"But what does this have to do with werewolves?" I asked. "Your father and Josh they're werewolves. I'm not one but me and your father are mates. Which is sort for soul mate. Every werewolf has one." She said.

"What kind of kind of joke is this?" I asked. "It's not a joke." Ryder and Jace said at the same time.

Holy shit. My family and boyfriend are crazy. They're mad.

I have no where to go. No family. My grandma kicked my mom out when she got pregnant at sixteen with Ryder so there's so way she'd take me in if I was thirteen and pregnant.

And I can't raise these kids with an insane father. But I can't raise them in foster care. But I can't let some stranger raise them and have them possibly be separated from each other.

Jace spoke again. " I know this is a lot to take in. But there's something else. When those girls said you slept with the alpha you did sleep with the-"

I didn't let him finished because I slapped him. "HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING YOU BASTARD!" I screamed at him and he growled at me. An animalistic growl.

When I slapped him I soon regretted it.

"No listen I am the alpha. I'm a werewolf too." He said. "What's an alpha?" I asked.

"Wolves have packs. The alpha is the leader of the pack. And the Luna is the alphas mate." He said. My heart dropped.

"You have a mate?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "And I love her." I was choking back tears and stood up. "Look if this is some sick way of breaking up with me you could've just told me." I said and he stopped me before I could walk away.

"Clara you are my mate. I love you." He said.

"Prove it. Prove to me your a werewolf and that my dad is still alive." I said. Jace grabbed my hand and took me to my backyard.

Thank god I have a fence. He started taking his clothes off. "Woah we are not having outdoor sex." I said and he laughed. "Don't worry I'm just stripping so the clothes don't rip." He said.

Soon where Jace was standing there was a black wolf. I jumped back and screamed as the wolf moved towards me. I fell on my butt in the grass.

The wolf came up to me. "Jace?" I asked putting my hand out. The wolf or Jace moved its head up to my hand and I started petting him. I smiled.

"So it's true?" I asked to myself knowing it was true.

Soon the wolf turned back into Jace. "So the werewolf part is true?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. "I'm so glad you know the truth now." He said an I kissed him.

We would've kissed longer if his little friend didn't make an appearance reminding me he had no clothes on.

He put his clothes on and we went back inside.

We sat down and my mom and Ryder were still there.

"Ok so the werewolf part is true but if you and dad are mates why did he fake his death?" I asked.

"Your father was an alpha of another pack different than Jace's. They didn't want a human Luna or at least weren't as understanding as Jace's about a humans Luna. So we decided that when I had a werewolf child they would fake their deaths and visit whenever they could. Your father will be coming alone tonight." She said.

I couldn't belive what my life has turned into. If you told me this was going to happed yesterday I would laugh.

But it's really happening.

"So when they said alpha today they meant you?" I asked. Jace nodded.

I sighed oh boy.

_______

It was night and I was waiting for my dad who apparently wasn't dead to come visit.

Never thought I'd say that.

But then again I thought werewolves weren't real. Everything I know is a lie.

I was on my bed staring at the ceiling while everyone was downstairs preparing for my fathers arrival.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I don't have too many memories of him.

I heard the front door unlock and open. I knew it was my dad.

I got up ready to face him. I was ready right?

I went downstairs and saw everyone.

"Hello Clara."

"Hi Dad."