Chapter four

Clara's pov

I was sitting on a couch and a kid show was on. "Mommy!" two little kids yelled and ran out of the hallway who looked around six. One boy and one girl.

The girl resembled me but had Jace's eyes and the boy resembled Jace. I smiled at them and set them on my lap.

"When will Daddy be home?" the girl asked. Before I could answer the door opened and an older looking Jace walked in.

"Daddy!" the kids screamed and jumped off my lap running into his arms. He picked them up and kissed them both on the cheek before setting them down and kissing me.

"How was your day?" I asked him. "Like any other day." He shrugged. He sat next to me and changed the channel.

I smiled as the kids sat on me and him. I laid my head on his shoulders.

"I'm pregnant"

* * *

I shot up and looked around. A shirtless Jace sat up next to me."Are you ok? Did you have a bad dream?" I shook my head. "No no it was a... good dream" I said smiling faintly.

I told him about my dream, though I left out the whole pregnant part.

He smiled and seemed to have liked the dream.

We laid back down and my last thought was if that really going to happen.

* * *

I woke up and remembered yesterday. The dream. Everyone finding out about my pregnancy. Crap I have school today. Luckily it was Friday.

"Wake up." I nudged Jace. He woke up and sat up next to me. "You ready to face school?" he asked. I sighed. "It's now or never."

We got dressed and went downstairs. Then it hit me. If I'm pregnant I won't have my period. Best. Thing. Ever.

Peiods suck.

Or as me and Jenny call it shark week.

Gosh we are so immature.

I sat on the couch while everyone else talked in the kitchen.

I wasn't hungry and I know when your pregnant your supposed to eat but you not eating for two or in my case three your eating for one and two tiny babies that aren't even full grown.

When I was eleven I had a drama teacher who was pregnant and explained that whole concept to the class.

I got up said goodbye and went to the bus. Jenny was sitting with someone else so I sat alone and pulled out headphones to listen to music.

21 guns by Green Day.

I stared out the window and slouched down while my hand found it's way to my stomach and my mind wandered to the dream.

Could that really happen?

When we pulled up to school Jenny ignored me. Weird.

I shrugged it off. Maybe she's in a bad mood or something I don't know.

I walked to my locker and everyone was staring and whispering. I knew it would happen. Ali is a fucking bitch. With her perfect straight brown hair and murderuos glares she's like the devil dressed in desighner clothes. Except she's religous as fuck.

I saw her standing with her friends smirking and her friends were whispering. Ugh god and to think I used to hang out with them.

I was about to turn away until I saw something or someone walk up to them.

Jenny.

THAT BACKSTABBING WHORE!

She came up to them and they let her in her circle thing and started talking with her. I tried to listen to what they were saying but I heard very little. I heard my name though.

I got just a little closer luckily I have super good hearing. My mom said that I get it from my dad. "So Clara really is pregnant?" Ali asked her arms crossed. "Yep I was with her when she took the test and everything." I heard Jenny say. "Wow wait do you know who the father is?" she asked. "Jace." she said and there were multiple gasps. "She slept with the Alpha?" she asked.

Alpha? What's an alpha? What does she mean I slept with an alpha? No I only slept with Jace. Isn't an alpha some dog leader? No maybe a gang leader. There was the music video for alpha king by rev theory.

"Yep. But she doesn't know what he is she's mostly human. Oh and get this it's twins."

And then more gasps.

Wait what? I mentally shrugged, I planned on asking Jace later.

I walked in my class which I had with Jenny but of course she sat with Deva one of Ali's friends.

I rolled my eyes and tried to listen to the teacher but glares burning into you can really distract you. It's like the whole class was judging me.

No doubt they knew about my pregnancy. Someone threw me a note. I picked it up and opened it.

'So the whore is having a baby now huh?'

I looked to see Deva smirking.

I threw the paper away, I didn't even care.

Her and Jenny shot me a nasty glare. Speaking of Jenny why the hell is she doing this? Why is she betraying me for Ali and her bitches? Did she just throw us and our memories away? All the inside jokes?

I was no longer holding in a laugh but tears. Damn hormones this will be like one giant shark week!

Shark week. Another inside joke.

Finally the bell rang and I just walked away. How could she just leave me like that?

Eventually lunch came. I sat alone until Ali, Deva, Jen, April, and Lizzy came and sat with me. "So whats it like being pregnant?" Deva asked. I shrugged. "Why do you give two shits?"

She shrugged. "Gotta have something to do." Ali responded. Ha! She has nothing better to do than talk to me! Now that's just sad.

"Well how about think about how you need a life instead of bitching in mine." I said got up threw away my food and left the cafeteria.

I decided to skip and went to the walgreens down the street. Where I found out I was pregnant.

Ah memories. You know when my best friend wasn't betraying me.

I sighed and pulled out my iPhone 4S and called my mom's work. "Hello this is Cohan's office how may I hlp you?" Some secretary asked. "Hey um can I talk to Elizabeth Jones?" I asked. "May I ask who's calling?" she asked. "Um this is her daughter." I said.

I heard rusltleing in the backround. "Hello?" my mother said. "Um hey mom its me Clara." I said. "Clara are you ok?" she asked. "I'm at the walgreens I need you to pick me up I'll explain everything in the car ok?" I asked and she agreed then hung up.

About ten minutes later her car pulled up. I climbed in thr front seat. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Jenny told Ali everything about my pregnancy she just ignored me all day too."

"Oh honey I'm so sorry. I'll call the school and tell them you won't be in." She said. I nodded and listened to my music looking out the window.

When I got home I ran up to my room and let sleep welcome me.

__________

I awoke when someone was shaking me gently. "Clara wake up" Jace said. I woke up and remembered everything.

Then I remembered how Ali called Jace "the alpha".

Which is why I asked.

"Jace what's an alpha?"