Chapter ninteen

Clara's pov

I was anxious. I had one hour until until Jace's birthday party, and my plan to get his parents back together was in full motion. His dad was in on my plan, now, we just had to hope his mom would show up with his sister.

The birthday boy was still asleep.

I went up to the guest room where he's been sleeping and hopped on his bed. I bended over him the best I could with my protruding stomach, and kissed him, trying to wake him up.

"What Clara?" He asked, not opening his eyes. "Happy birthday! We have two years before this relationship is illegal." I joked. He groaned and pulled me down next to him.

"I say we just sleep." He said pulling me to him.

"Well, I'm the pregnant one, and I say we get up." I said, worming my way out of his grasps.

"Fine."

"Get dressed." I ordered. "The party starts in an hour."

With that, I left the room and went downstairs.

My senses were overwhelmed by the scent of the the birthday cake my mom made for Jace.

"Smells good, Mom." I said. She smiled. "Thank you."

Mom, Dad, Ryder, and Josh were all sitting in the living room, waiting.

The doorbell rang, which confused me, because the party wasn't starting for another hour.

I went to open it, and Marie, Jace's mom, was there with his little sister, Alice.

"I'm sorry, we're early. Alice really wanted to see Jace." She said. I shrugged. "No big deal. JACE GET DOWN HERE!" I yelled.

He came running down. "I was almost ready!" He said.

"Jacey!" Alice shrieked, running and clinging to his leg. He picked her up.

"They came early." I explained to his confused face.

"I can't believe you're sixteen today." Marie said, tearing up and hugging him.

"John, Liz, congratulations. I heard you're expecting again." She said to my parents.

"Thank you. I'm sorry to hear about you and Jeff. Jace told us." Mom said.

Marie's eyes saddened, and she nodded, pursing her lips in a straight line.

* * *

An hour later my house was full of Jace's friends, some I knew, and some I didn't. Ryder helped me with the invitations.

I didn't like his friend Rodney. Ryder told me he's human, so he doesn't understand mates.

That's probably why when I introduced myself to him, he said "Oh! You're the girl Jace knocked up. Man, I see why he locked you down now."

Jace was with his friends, and Ryder ran off with Brielle when they first met, leaving Josh and I to get to know each other.

"Was it weird growing up only seeing your mom on select nights, and never talking to your siblings?" I asked.

"Yeah. Dad would always tell me things about you guys, show me pictures Mom would give him. But when I'd ask Mom to meet you guys, she said that you didn't know me, and wouldn't react well. When I turned eleven, they told me you guys thought I was dead." He said.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, we can be a family now. That's all that matters."

I heard a car door shut, and I saw the guest I was most worried about showing up.