Chapter sixteen

Clara's pov

Well she just dropped that bomb. When I looked at her for help, I sure as heck wasn't expecting that.

Everyone froze. Dad looked torn between yelling at Jace, or running over to Mom.

Eventually he did just that.

"Really?" He asked her. She smile and nodded her head, frantically. "I found out a few days ago. I wanted to tell you in person, but we got caught up." She said.

While my dad was distracted, I went over to Jace.

"Are you insane?" I asked him. "You can't just come over here because you feel like it!" I whisper yelled.

"I missed you." He shrugged. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Well, I think you should go. I'll see you on Monday, maybe." I said, escorting him to the door.

I can't believe he thinks he can just waltz in here, and act like it's okay because I'm carrying his babies.

"Mom, are you really pregnant?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm tired." I announced. "It's been a long day, I'm going to bed."

I went to my room and changed into my pajamas. A few minutes after, my dad came in.

That was the first night in years, that my father had tucked me in.

* * *

Monday came around and I knew I'd most likely see Jace today. Part of me wanted to, but the other didn't.

Dad offered to take me to school, and it sure beat taking the bus.

I could tell he was happy about Mom being pregnant. I just hope he sticks around, I don't want another sibling of have to grow up without a mom or dad.

"Dad, with Mom being pregnant, are you going to leave us again?" I asked him.

He looked at me sadly. "I'm an alpha, I have to work." He said.

"But what if you lived with us, but went to work everyday like normal parents do?" I asked.

"The pack house is about thirty minutes away, so I might be able to do that." He said. I still had a very vague idea what a pack house was, but I nodded.

"I really want you to move in with us. It's so weird, I don't know my father very well, and my own brother is like a stranger to me. I don't like it." I said.

"I don't like it either. I wish I could've been there for you, your older brother, and your mother. I know I'll be around a lot more during her pregnancy. I just don't know if I'll be able to stick around." He said, driving up to my school.

"Clara, before you go, I wanted to talk to you about Jace." He said.

"Okay, what about him?"

"I know mates are supposed go worry about each other, but before your grandma kicked your mom out and she was just pregnant, I was never like that. I just want you to know, that if it gets worse, regardless of if he's the father of your babies, you can still brake up with him." He said.

"I like him, I don't want to brake up with him." I said. "Clara honey, if he keeps it up it's obsessive behavior. It's not healthy." He said.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." I said, then got out.

The day again, was uneventful. Ever since people found out I was Jace's mate they don't torment me anymore for being pregnant.

When I got home, Ryder and Jace were already there.