Chapter twenty-two

Clara's pov

When Ryder got home Jace was with him. A few minutes after that they came up to my room.

"Why did Mom need to go into the school, and why is Dad home?" Ryder asked, they both sat on my bed.

"I have to be homeschooled now, and since the weekend, Mom and Dad don't trust me alone, so Dad offered to stay home with me." I said.

"Why do you have to be homeschooled?" Jace asked.

"The state doesn't like the fact that I'm pregnant." I said.

He clenched his fists. "That's bullshit! You shouldn't have to do that."

I gabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Please calm down. I'm fine. Besides, this way if the babies come before school ends I'll be here."

He breathed out heavily before sitting back down on the bed and kissing my cheek.

"You guys should go downstairs." I say. "I should get to working some more."

Jace shook his head. "You shouldn't have to work extra." He said, and started kissing me.

"Dude, can you not make out with my sister in front of me?" Ryder groaned.

"I prefer your guys don't do that at all." A voice from the door said.

I looked over and my dad was standing in the now open doorway.

"Sorry, Dad." I say.

He nods and turns on his heel.

I groan and put my head in my hands when he's gone. "Why does he act like he's been apart of our lives forever?" I ask Ryder.

He shrugs. "Because in his mind he has. He knew about us and us growing up, but we thought he was dead." He explains. "But I'm not defending him." He covers up.

I get up and shut the door. "I guess that makes sense."

A few hours later Mom and Josh came home.

I saw Mom standing at the kitchen table running a hand through her strawberry blonde hair, before Dad came up behind her. She looked so stress but he made her smile.

I guess this is what mates do.

* * *

The next day I woke up a little late, and I freaked out.

I jumped out of bed and ran to my closest before remembering I didn't have to rush to catch the bus.

I smiled to myself and rubbed my belly, laying on my bed.

I looked at my belly, I was four months with twins and it was already showing.

We get to find out from a doctor next appointment the genders. Of course everyone from the psychic at the restaurant and my dreams have said we'll have one girl and boy, but I still want to be sure.

My appointment is this afternoon, Jace, Mom, and Marie were all coming.

I brushed a hand through my hair when my mom walked in.

"Hey, honey. I'm staying home with you today because your appointment is at eleven." She says. I look at the clock, I have an hour.

"Alright, where's Dad?" I ask.

She sighs. "He's a little hurt by what you said yesterday." She says honestly.

"Oh." I say, quietly. "Where is he?"

"The pack house. He's working there." She says, turning away.

I sigh and start to get dressed. Seems I'm screwing everything up.

I was wearing leggings and a t-shirt when my mom came back up thirty minutes later.

"Get your shoes on, Marie and Jace are on their way." She says and turns back around.

I come down wearing tennis shoes when the doorbell rang.

Mom opens the door and Marie is smiling. "We're ready to go." She says.

Mom and I follow her to the car, and I get in the back with Jace while my mom gets in the passenger side.

Jace and I were comfortable in silence, while our moms talked the whole way there.

We got to the doctors and sat in the waiting room.

They called me back and Jace followed me.

Though it was fairly obvious to everyone what the results were.

A/N Alright, so I'm a day late. At least I updated right? I guess it's not worth it because this chapter is utter crap. I took a month break so I could collect my feelings, and then suddenly my boyfriend is an ass and an old flame can't stop texting me. Then shit starts with some other guy and his girlfriend and I didn't even have time for "Dear Awkward Stranger" The place I put my feelings in. Can we try something different? I don't want you guys to comment me to update, but can you tell me what you think of the story, and what parts you like and dislike. Not just an "I love it!" But can it be, I don't know, more specific? I just want some feedback on the plot and storyline. It's fair to say I'm still not happy where I am, but I did fulfill my promise of updating, sort of.