Here's my attempt of being a female writing about 2 gay guys oops

Authors note: Hi sorry I've been neglecting this book if you are one of the 6 people who still read it :) sorry i didn't get this chapter out in time for pride!

~Bens POV~

I had received the email saying I would be cast as Ernst in one of my favorite shows, Spring Awakening. I would be alongside Andy Mientus, and our first rehearsal was today. I was in my dressing room, pulling on my blazer for the scene. It was time for my duet with Andy, The Word of Your Body (reprise). I was nervous- though slightly excited. Andy was....well, very attractive. My heart raced as I thought of the kiss our characters would share in the nearing scene. Stage call was in about 5 minutes, giving me time for vocal warm-ups and to calm the nerves that never could seem to leave my body.

~Andys POV~

"I imagine myself to be a country pastor"

The line from Bens' mouth definitely made me cringe, though I got over it quickly as he was too cute. He was definitely a great actor and I wouldn't choose to do this scene with anyone else. I kept my thoughts aside as we continued our lines, starting the song.

The words easily flew from my mouth as the words Hanschen should speak to Ernst were true to my feelings of the man sitting next to me. I was lost in time, not realizing this was the last verse before the quick kiss Hanschen would lay upon Ernst's lips.

"Ooh, I'm gonna be your wound"

I looked into Bens' eyes, taking a moment to comprehend what the script called for, my eyes moving down to his lips. The sudden burst of the kiss took both me and Ben by surprise. He pulled away quickly, which I'm not sure was intended by the script or not. I continued on, trying not to let it bother me.

"On our way here tonight I thought perhaps we would only talk"

"Ernst, I'm sorry" I began to scoot back away from him.

"NO!" His arms snaked around my torso and pulled me firmly back to his side. Either he is a great actor or the feelings of Ernst were reciprocated in his real life (and I was hoping for the second one). Rehearsal went on, though the one scene stayed in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After rehearsal, Bens POV

the time on stage this morning was spectacular, for me at least. The embrace Andy and I shared was nothing less than marvelous. I can't lie, I'm excited about other rehearsals. Perhaps I will even mess up on purpose, causing us to redo the scene. Thoughts flowed throughout my mind until they were suddenly interrupted.

"Ben! Hi." It was Andy.

"Hi-hey-uh-hi. Whats up?"

"Well, I was just wondering if I could get your phone number."

The shock stopped me from responding, which I'm sure made this very awkward for Andy.

"You know, like to double check rehearsals and that kind of stuff"

"Oh. Yeah yeah yeah, let me just - uh- grab a pen really quickly"

I wrote down the 7 digit phone number and he was on his way. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Of course, it wasn't to ask you out, why would HE want to date YOU! Come on Benjamin, think straight.  Haha, straight.

That evening I got a text from an unknown number.

———————————————————————————

Hey, is this Ben Fankhauser?

———————————————————————————