Seeing Davey (Part 1)

Request by: @squishyturtle44 hope it turned out somewhat decent!

"Today's the day!" I sung as I danced around my apartment. My best friend Sarah and I saved all of our spare change and bought tickets to see Newsies, and tonight is the night we go. I ran to my closet, trying on a multitude of outfits before choosing a short black dress with a lacy red belt. I paired it with my bright red pumps and a small pendant.

"Sarah! Let's go!" I called out, grabbing my clutch and heading out the door. I was still in shock that this was actually happening! I went ahead and looked up directions to the Nederlander theater and started the car.

~at the theater~

Sarah and I took our seats, 109 and 110 in row E. We were sitting next to a group of teens on the left and what looked to be snobby rich people on the right. We were so excited that we almost talked over the overture. The show was beginning, and a spotlight panned onto one of the metal cage like structures, exposing the faces of 2 young (and very cute) men.

~santa fe (prologue) ends~

Applause filled the auditorium as the singers finished their song. We were moved, and it was only one song in. Around 12 minutes into the show, we were introduced to a horde of characters, but one man, in particular, caught my eye.

"You know, there are other guys on stage, y/n" Sarah whispered in my ear. I must have been staring.

"Yeah- I just- I uh- yeah" I stuttered softly, completely lost in the movement and voice of the tall man on stage. He was gorgeous, tall with dark brown hair. I was close enough to tell that his eyes were some shade of brown or green, dark.

The audience learned his name as David, or Davey according to Jack Kelly. I was mesmerized by him. Every song, every action, every dance I focused on him. I just about missed "That's Rich" looking for where he had gone.

I never got the chance to hear him sing alone thus far, but his speaking voice was so gorgeous I had no doubt he would be good. "Seize the day" began to play, and let me tell you, this boys voice had me hooked. My jaw dropped on the first note, and my eyes stayed fixed on him.

~end of show~

The audience applauded as they filed out of the theater, as Sarah and I were collecting our things.

"I have a surprise," Sarah said, reaching into her wallet. She pulled out 2 VIP vouchers, admitting both of us backstage to meet the cast and receive signed merch. I practically squealed as I hugged Sarah tight.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah, thank me later. Let's go!"

We filed backstage and were immediately greeted by Tommy Bracco. He looked a lot smaller on stage, perhaps from our seats but possibly just compared to the 5'10 Jeremy Jordan. He signed my hoodie and Sarah's bag, and we continued to walk in. One of the swings guided us around the stage and led us to the cast. We met Josh Burrage, Ben Tyler Cook, Jeremy Jordan, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, and Kara Lindsay.

"Last room everyone," our guide said as she pushed open a door. There stood the young boy who played Les, and Davey.

"Well hi there," the tall man said, standing up from his chair. It may have been my imagination, but I could've sworn he was looking right at me. I knew for a fact I was staring at him (again), though. He shook everyone's hand before getting to me.

"I'm Ben Fankhauser, I play Davey"

"Y/N, pleasure to meet you. You were great out there" I replied.

"Yeah, she couldn't stop sta-" Sarah said, interrupted by me lightly nudging the side of her arm.

The rest of the VIPs had already headed out. Sarah and I were the last to get our stuff signed before leaving.

"Have a good night, ladies." the small boy said. He was super cute and sweet. I watched as the man now known as Ben signed my hoodie. He was the only one to sign the left sleeve. I thanked him and attempted an exit. It turns out we were going the same way, and I accidentally bumped into him, causing an awkward moment of me hovering over his body.

"I'm really sorry. I'm so- oh my gosh- I'm sorry" I said, fumbling with the words as I backed up and brushed off my dress.

"It's fine- really" Ben responded, lightly brushing his pants as well.

I slowly backed out of the room and all but ran to Sarah. It wasn't until we were walking down the steps of the stage that I noticed something odd about Ben's signature. At the bottom was a sequence of numbers.

"Sarah, look" I voiced, handing her the sleeve.

"Oh wow, look at you y/n. One night of staring and you got yourself a phone number!" Sarah cackled.

"What? No. It can't really be- did I just get his phone number?"

"Definitely!"

~at home~

I stripped out of my dress and removed my makeup, followed by crawling in bed wearing pj shorts and my sweatshirt. I couldn't resist, I grabbed my phone and texted the number written on the sleeve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I'm just wondering who

This number belongs to-

please get back to me!
—————————————
Hey, are you y/n? From the

newsies VIP thing?
—————————————
Lol yeah, that's me. Does

That means you are Ben Fankhauser?
——————————————
In the flesh!
——————————————
Hey I'm sorry about the

whole tripping debacle,

hope that wasn't as awkward

For you as it was for me
——————————————
Hey, no worries! I was just

wondering if you wanted to

maybe get coffee or

something some time?
——————————————
That sounds really nice :)

Great! Is there a place you like?
——————————————
Not in particular,

pick me up at 10:15

tomorrow:)

(Insert address here)
——————————————
See you then ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't believe it! it was really Ben! AND IM GOING ON A COFFEE DATE WITH HIM! I shreiked and immediately went to pick out an outfit for tomorrow morning.

I chose a light green sweater paired with some black skinny jeans and my green vans. I sat and imagined how our date would turn out.....

Authors note: please comment if you would like a follow up of this story! I need feedback from all of you so that I can write more and better, and try to please all of you with these short stories. Also see what I did there with the title? You saw davey on the stage and now youre seeing him like on a date? Get it? Ah I kinda hate myself for that one. Lots of love

~Fawna