Idk what to title this one oops

"It's the last day of his tour. He'll be home soon" I kept telling myself.

I missed him so much. Ben was always there for me when I was like this, panicking about little things, but this time he was on tour for Newsies. I was proud of him, but I was also craving- no- needing him right now.

The only thing I could think to do was to grab one of his sweatshirts. I rummaged through his closet and found his maroon hoodie with sleeves about twice the length of my arms. It smelled like him, his natural scent mixed with his minty cologne. I crossed my arms over my chest as it was the closest resemblance to being hugged by him. My body sank to the floor as tears flooded out of my eyes. At this point I don't even remember why I'm crying or what I was panicking about, all I know it that I couldn't stop.

I decided I needed to go lay down, hoping that it would help pace my breathing. I stumbled to the bedroom and crawled into bed, hardly being able to tell what was what with the tears filling my eyes. I curled up into a fetal position on the left side and held a pillow under my arms.

The next thing I knew, there was a shift of weight in the bed next to me. Ben's arms were wrapped around my body as he whispered in my ear.

"Shhhh. Baby, it'll be okay. Shhhhh I know, I know. Wanna tell me what's wrong?" He said. He was so loving and sounded worried about me. I sat up, Ben following my action. I curled into his arms and laid my head on his chest. I could feel his heart beating, clearly slower than mine. He cradled my head in his hand and pressed my body into his.

We sat there in silence (well silence other than my now slowing tears). He just held me and comforted me. I felt so safe with him. I used the sleeve of his oversized sweatshirt to wipe my eyes and face.

"Sorry" I mumbled quietly into his chest.

"There's no reason for you to be sorry y/n , in fact, I should be sorry for not being here" Ben replied with a chuckle. He grabbed my shoulders and shifted me until we were looking into each other's eyes.

"It's okay. I love you" he said, his eyes stern yet soft at the same time. I instantly felt better. He really was perfect for me, he knew all the right ways to comfort me. I don't know what I would've done without him.