LizzyKelly1899s Promposal

Authors note: Hey everyone! This is our very first chapter specifically catered to someone! This is dedicated to @lizzykelly1899 so you will see her name pop up instead of y/n! Um its a prom chapter and my states prom season is here even though my prom is CANCELLED BECAUSE FUCKING CORONA. This was requested like when i first started writing ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO im so sorry i kept saying "its so bad i feel so bad dedicating this to her" and "well i want it out around prom" so here i am finally giving something. Lizzy has been so supportive of me since my first ever chapter. She continues to validate me and my work and honestly is one of the only reasons I continue to write. Lizzy- you honestly have no idea how much your kind words have helped me these past couple years. I hope this chapter does her amazing personality justice! Anyways-Enjoy :)

"Please Lizzy, its one of the only nights you have open until the tour starts!"

"Okay, I'll go watch. I better not have crappy seats, though."

"Dont you fret"

Ben pulled out a black lanyard with a white card that read "backstage access". I couldnt help but squeal at the thoughtfulness of my boyfriend.

"YOU DIDNT!!!"

"Oh, but I did. So ill see you Saturday night?"

"I wouldnt miss it for the world" I smiled at him, pressing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Six o'clock! Dont forget!" He said excitedly as he left my house. Everytime he has that dopey smile on his face i get all fluttery like its the first time ive seen him. I went to go pick out an outfit for the show, pulling nearly everything out of my closet. I settled on a short blue dress with peach colored roses, suitable attire for the spring season upon us.

BENS POV

I ran home as quickly as possible, starting to prepare ideas for how I was going to ask her. Our schools prom is in roughly 2 weeks and im trying to work up a good way to ask her. Yeah, im her boyfriend and im not worried about receiving a "no", but i was still nervous. I had to find the PERFECT, original promposal and its been pretty difficult. The amount of promposals she has saved on her instagram is scary, and really puts the bar high for me. I called my friend Tommy to possibly share some ideas.

"Hey, Tommy, I need your help"

"Yeah, whats up man?"

"I need to figure out a promposal for Liz."

"Why? Aint she your girlfriend already?"

"Yeah....but i feel like it still needs to be done."

"Women." He said with a sarcastic tone in his voice, followed by a soft sigh.

"Well, you could start off by figuring out when and where. You writing this down, Fank?"

"Yep. Im thinking at the musical Saturday night?"

"Perfect. Now, how do you wanna do it?"

"Thats kinda the part i need help with..."

"Geez. You wanna do a poster or a call up?"

"A call up?"

"Yeah, ya know, call her up on stage and do your thing."

"Ummmm, i dont know" i turned to look at the clock on my desk. "Shit, i have to go Tommy. Thanks for the help!"

I hung up before i heard anything else he had to say and rushed off to a seperate dance rehearsal.

Lizzys POV- Saturday night

I finished the wing on my eyeliner and stepped back to look in the mirror. I could've sat there all day picking out any imperfection- the makeup on the right side of my face doesnt match the left, the way the dress pushes up my side boob into my arm pit to create the ugliest peice of skin, the small bits of acne my foundation couldnt quite conceal. I flushed the thoughts out of my head, because tonight was truly about Ben. It was about Bens performance and my support. I wasnt quite sure if you were supposed to get men flowers after their performances, so instead I made him a poster showing my support.

Bens POV- Saturday Night

I had just done the last button on my vest and stepped back in the mirror. I couldve stood there all day pointing out what could go wrong- I could fall on stage, i could forget to ask, i could leave everything at home or stage right instead of bringing it out. I flushed the negative thoughts out of my head, because tonight was truly about Liz. It was about her and my promposal. I wasnt sure exactly how to go about it, but i was hoping id figure it out in the moment. Maybe speaking from the heart would work in my favor more than a rehearsed speech? You know, the thing im trained to do? Yeah, its a little ridiculous. Nonetheless, I was on in 5 and had to go.

I saw Liz standing to the left of the stage, her smile brightening the whole stage as she gave me two thumbs up. I couldnt help but glance over a few times throughout the show, my nerves disappearing with the comfort she provides. Before I knew it, Jeremy was finishing up the finale and was taking a bow. The audience rose from their seats and applauded, and my cast mates looked over to me, symbolizing it was time.

"Thank you everyone, so much. We appreciate you all being here. For me, theres one person Im especially thankful for being here, my beautiful girlfriend Lizzy."

I turned and called her onto the stage as "aww"s came from the audience. I saw Tommy and Andrew leave to get everything from backstage and turned to Lizzy. Her warm essence made me feel like no one else was in the room. Her face beamed red, surely from embarrassment. Id be nervous if i were her as well.

"As many of you may know, prom is just around the corner, which is why its so important for me to take this time and ask Lizzy a very important question. I do need your help though, everyone. My great friends and castmates are coming around the audience, just follow their lead."

My heart began to race as Lizzy stared me down. I cleared my throat and allowed my gaze to meet hers.

"Lizzy, I have to seize this moment"

The audience and cast began humming the tune to seize the day, following my words. I saw a smile crack on Liz's face. I felt a bit more comfortable.

"- I do have to say i never planned on asking someone as perfect as you to a dance"

The hums began to switch songs, a little bit of a rough transition, but expected since the audience is just learning of their role.

"The bottom line is, though, youd make me feel like the king of new york if youd accompany me to the prom next saturday. All I ask is a yes, and we can watch what happens from there"

Half of the crowd errupted in applause and awws, while the other half continued to hum the final notes of watch what happens. Tommy ran up to hand me the bouquet of roses and poster I had made for her. I know we'd been dating, but for some reason i was still worried about rejection.

Instead, she grabbed the flowers from me and placed them on the stage next to her feet, grabbing my neck and pulling me in for a kiss.

"Of course, Ben. Thank You." She whispers.

"SHE SAID YES!" I yelled to the audience, earning more applause. I couldve stood with her on that stage for my entire life.

I think i did a pretty decent job. The worst she couldve done was say no, but i ended up with a date.