Rain

The rain today perfectly matches my mood. I'm driving home, tears filling my eyes as I call my best friend, Ben.

"I know, you were right. You're always right Ben" I sob into the phone. I throw a punch at my steering wheel, something that keeps me from hurting myself.

"Hey, hey. Y/N, it's not your fault. No one could've known that he-"

"Yeah, no one but you!" I shout.

Today was my 14 month anniversary with my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend, Luke. I got off work early and decided I would surprise him. I used the spare key he gave me to get into his apartment. I had just bought some rosé and I was going to cook some dinner.

When I walked in, I was greeted by a half-naked girl and a stripping Luke. Needless to say, I stormed out, taking my wine and dinner with me. And now I'm in my car, crying to Ben.

"Well y/n, why don't you come over? We can watch a movie or something, get your mind off of it" Ben said. He was so nice. I didn't think it would actually work, but I decided to try anyhow.

                      ~~~~~At Bens House~~~~~

I walked in with my bag of wine and food, crying still. I put the bag on the counter and walked into the living room.

"Ben?" I started to call out softly, mostly to let him know I was here. Ben rushed out of his room.

Bens POV

I had just lost yet another video game to Andrew when I heard y/n's voice.

"Ben?" She called out. It was soft but I was still able to hear her. I practically jumped out of my chair, running to go see her. I saw her bloodshot eyes, and couldn't believe how upset she looked. I didn't know what to do other than to hug her. I pulled her into my arms and pressed her head to my chest.

"I know. Just let it out y/n"

I cradled her head in my hand as she wept. It surprisingly felt right. It felt natural. I've always had a slight crush on y/n, but I pushed it away because she always just wanted to be friends. I began to hum "seize the day" and my chin laid atop her head.

Y/n started to pull away from me. I opened my arms to let her go and watched as she wiped her eyes with her sweater. She looked nice, very dressed up. Her black knit sweater looked really good on her and brought out her eyes. I forgot how stunning she was.

"So- uh- what do you wanna watch?" I mumbled as both of us plopped on the beige couch. I put my arm on the top of the couch, which y/n took as an invitation to bring her body closer to mine. She placed her head in the crevasse of my arm, and I wrapped it around her body.

"I don't really want to watch anything" y/n murmured.

"Do you want me to make dinner"

"No, I'm not hungry". She sounded frustrated.

"What about-"

"NO BEN! I don't want anything!" She shouted. She stood up from the couch and started pacing across the room.

"Is there anything that you want y/n? Anything at all I can do for you?" I was a little irritated that she yelled, but stayed calm for the most part.

She was giving me the silent treatment. I started walking near her and she backed away. I started to raise my voice through frustration.

"FINE! If you didn't want anything and you won't even let me talk to you, why did you come? Last chance, is there anything that you want?"

I hated to raise my voice at her, especially after what she just went through, but I couldn't help it.

Your POV

"YOU! I WANT YOU BEN!" I paced towards the door, but Ben got a grip on my arm and pulled me towards him. He grabbed both of my shoulders and looked into my eyes. I quickly looked down, as not to show him that I was beginning to cry once again.

"What?"

"I want you, Ben. I want to be with you."

I looked back up at him. His eyes were soft and he wore a small smile. I saw him begin to snicker at the comment.

"Don't laugh at me! I knew I shou-"

"No, y/n, it's fine. It's just that, well, I feel the same way. And now I can do this"

Ben used two fingers to push my chin upwards. He met my lips with his and pressed a soft kiss on to them. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry your ex was an asshat."

"I'm sorry that you stopped kissing me" I replied, followed by a small laugh. Ben kissed me again, this time putting his thumbs behind my ears and holding my face with his hands.

I've kissed Luke before, but it never felt like this. This kiss with Ben was so....natural. It felt right, I felt sparks. Cliche I know, but very true. It made me question why I never looked at him as a potential love interest. I guess I was too caught up in other boys, ones who would end up destroying me. I don't think Ben would (or could) do that to me. At least I hope not.

Suddenly, the rain seemed to disappear. Not just from outside, but from my day. From my life. I think Ben is the sun that washed out my storm.