Loser? • Conor

This is kinda different lol! I'm back again, and probs won't be for a while I'm sooo busy :(
(Inspired by 'It' - my fav film)
----

3rd person POV

Y/n is the new kid in town. Friendless, and mostly lost.

"Where's fourth lesson again?"

Little courage and shyness overflows her body. It's already been two weeks since she's moved here and nobody's made an effort to interact with her. Unless that's in science class or drama groups...

"You can be the table, you don't have to talk then"

It gets tiring after a while. Wondering around school by yourself is painfully lonely, and being close to your exams isn't helpful either. There's literally no one. Well, rather than those who hang out in the library. Y/n definitely wasn't going to be one of those...

So, Y/n resorted to herself for an entire month. Boring, and unfair.

Y/n POV

I wonder through the school gates, slightly shielding the plaster cast on my left arm. I broke it. Of course.

School isn't the best place to have a broken arm, but I thought it would maybe help with the lack of attention I've been gaining.

But no.
I'm still friendless.

I take a seat in the classroom, throwing my bag down beneath the table and sighing heavily. Here we go again...

"Woah, you broke your arm?"

I quickly look up to see Chloe, the coolest, most popular girl in school. My eyes shoot back to the cast and I start to panic. This is my chance.

"Y-Yeah" I smile nervously.

"Can I sign it?" She smirks. I feel my cheeks start to turn red and I nod slowly.

"S-Sure"

She nods too before pulling out a large black Sharpie, pulling the lid off with her teeth. I gulp hard and watch as she leans over and starts writing something rather large onto the white cast.

Yes! Finally! I have frien-

"There you go" She snaps me from my thoughts. "Loser"

I slowly look down at my arm to see the word 'LOSER' slapped straight across it. I freeze in shock and hear her giggle before wondering off somewhere in the class.

Tears start to sting my eyes but I don't let them fall. I can't let them fall. I simply hide my arm beneath the table on my lap, and I bite my lip hard.

The rest of the class filters in, including Conor and Alex who sit either side of me. They've never actually spoken to me, except talk around me and jog my arm when I'm writing. They're so fucking annoying.

"Hey Alex, watch" Conor says before shooting a paper airplane across the room. It glides straight into the bin at the front of the room and they both start cheering.

"Top bins!" Alex laughs. "Nice one!"

They both exchange a high five right in front of my face. I don't care, I'm too humiliated by what just happened with Chloe.

"Okay class, lets start!" The teacher calls out. I moan in my head and open up my book.

"Fuck, I forgot a pen" Conor mutters to himself. "Alex, you got a pen?" He whispers.

"No, sorry man" Alex says back. I watch Conor roll his eyes before turning to me. Oh shit.

"Can I borrow a pen Y/n?" He asks. Wait, he knows my name?!

"Y-Yeah, sure" I nod, automatically lifting my arm from beneath the table. I start to unzip my pencil case before hearing a quiet gasp beside me. "W-What?" I stutter, looking at Conor's shocked face.

"Who wrote that?" He mumbles, pointing to the massive 'LOSER' on my cast. My heartbeat rises and I feel myself shrivel up inside myself.

"Chloe did it" I whisper and bow my head. I feel so ashamed to be myself.

"What a bitch" He snaps. "Here, I'll fix it"

"C-Conor-"

He cuts me off and grabs a red Sharpie from my pencil case, ripping the lid off and starting to draw on the cast. What if he just adds to it? Loser brain? Loser bitch? Loser hoe? Loser forever?

"There" He finally pulls away. I hesitantly look down at my arm to see the 'S' replaced with a large 'V'.

'LOVER'

"T-Thanks" I smile and look across into his bright blue eyes. They're so beautiful and anyone could easily get lost in them.

"Did you read the other bit?" He snaps me from my gaze. I frown and look back at the cast.

Stay hot Y/n
- Conor xx

Oh my god. My smile is so wide I must look like a freak.

"You think... I'm hot?" I frown, looking back up at him.

"Well, yeah" He chuckles. "And I'm sorry for ignoring you, I kinda thought you were one of those library freaks"

"Library freaks?" I sigh. Now that hurts.

"You're not right?"

"No no!" I say quickly. "No way"

"Oh good" He nods, glancing back at my arm. "How did you do that anyway?"

"I-I um-"

"Let me guess" He cuts me off, pretending to think. "You did it when you fell from heaven?"

I giggle and start to feel my cheeks turn pink. He's so cute, and funny.

"Maybe" I tease. He smirks at me, which is so hot, before resting his chin in his hand.

"I like you" He says.

"I like you too" I say dreamily, staring into his eyes.

Finally.