Detention • Jack

Thankyou for all your requests guys! I'm going through a major writers block on this book but I hope y'all like this one? X
----

Y/n POV

A detention. A fucking detention.

"Y/n stay focused, don't want me to make that two hours do we?" Sir gives me a stern look and I frantically shake my head. No way.

"Sorry" I mumble and turn back to my book, rolling my eyes as he turns away again.

"Naughty girl" Joe nudges my shoulder and I shoot him a death glare, causing him to throw his hands up in surrender. "Hey I wasn't the one that threw the book!" He defends himself.

"I'm just annoyed" I sigh and bite the end of my pen. "I hate math"

"Who doesn't" He laughs and writes something on his page. "Have fun in the detention with Sir" He wiggles his eyebrows and I finally crack a smile.

"I sure will!"

"Y/n!" Sir yells again and I snap my head up to him again.

"Sorry!"

"Oooh he's getting annoyed now!" Joe whispers and I nod in agreement.

"He hates me" I laugh dryly and look at the text book. 2y+7u-44x...

"I heard he hates a lot of kids" He catches my attention again. "Including you"

"Thanks for rubbing that in Joe" I say sarcastically and sigh.

"It's the truth!"

"I know" I roll my eyes.

...

"Have a good weekend!" The teacher calls and I'm quick to leave the classroom. Oh that's right, off to math I go!

I sigh heavily and make my way out the textiles department, wondering through the hundreds of long corridors until I get back to my maths room. I peep through the small window and see my teacher sat in his chair, scrolling on his laptop. Urg, fuck you.

He spots me and smiles a little, making his way over to the door as I slump back and die of embarrassment. So much for dragging it out...

"Ah, Y/n" He opens the door wider for me to walk in. "Take a seat, anywhere"

I nod and decide to sit near the back of the room, preferably as far away from him as possible.

"You will be joined by one other" He sighs and sits back in his chair at the front of the empty classroom. I nod again, not really sure how this is relevant to my life right now.

Within two seconds the door opens and Jack Maynard inhales a deep breath. "Sorry I'm late"

I look at Sir and then back to Jack. He never told me he had a dt too!

"That's fine" Sir rolls his eyes. "Take a seat"

Jack nods and flashes me a grin, sitting down in the chair beside me. Sir glares at us both making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"No communication" Sir points at us both and stands up. "I'll be back in a minute" He sighs and walks out the room, leaving us alone.

"Fucking hell I hate him" I sigh and lean my chin in my hand.

"I can relate" Jack laughs. "What brings you here pretty girl?" He smirks and I give him a shrug.

"I supposedly 'threw a book'" I use air quotes and roll my eyes.

"Naughty girl" He winks.

"That's what Joe said!" I laugh and he joins me too.

"We have the same thoughts"

"What brings you here?" I tilt my head at him.

"Magic" His eyes widen and I laugh dryly.

"For real" I say.

"Well I just don't shut up do I?" He laughs and I nod in agreement.

"You're a naughty boy" I wink, mimicking what he did to me.

"Very" He smirks and I scrunch my nose and grimace. He's so cute though...

"Why don't we play that game Joe made up?" I suggest and get excited just at the thought. Jack frowns.

"What one?"

"Where we have to make noises and see if the teacher notices, the first one he tells off loses" I smile and he nods.

"I'm back" Sir walks in and closes the door behind himself. "You better not be talking" He glares at us and sits down.

We both shake our heads in sync and smirk a little. He he.

"Good" He nods and goes back to staring at his lame old laptop.

I look up at Jack who gives me a nod, then the game commences.

I cough, smirk, then cough again. I grin at Jack and then he joins in, until we make a cacophony of coughs. Very appropriate.

"Excuse me" Sir looks up at us and we both freeze.

"Sorry, I'm a bit ill" I lie and rest my hand on my chest. Sir rolls his eyes and looks back down again whilst Jack tries not to die of laughter beside me.

"That was funny" He mouths and I nod in agreement.

My throat starts tingling and before I know it's wrenching for a real hearty cough which I can't hold in any longer. I lean forward and cough like there's no tomorrow. It's hilarious though.

"I said no more!" Sir yells and I carry on coughing, not purposely this time. "Y/n!" He shouts again and stands from his seat.

"I'm...sorry!" I say in-between another hearty, gross cough and Jack finally bursts out laughing.

"Don't be ridiculous" Sir rolls his eyes. "Behave and be quiet" He scoffs after I've stopped dying.

"Sorry!" We both say in sync and shoot each other a smirk.

...

"That was hilarious" Jack laughs as we leave the school.

"True" I breath and stop just as we go to part ways. "I'll see you tomorr-"

"Do you wanna get pizza?" He stops me with an adorable grin. He's so cute, like, even cuter than earlier if possible.

"Sure" I nod and grin up at him. "That sounds good"

His smile grows and his arm flings around my shoulders.

"Pizza here we come!"