Chapter Forty Nine

[ A/N: Surpriseeeeeeeeeee. ♥ Enjoy. ] 

Liam Payne had spent a whole week off school, and was still drained of is energy. Even though he had still managed to find time to do as much coursework as he could as well as eat and sleep, he still had other priorities that had had to come first. He knew life had a tendency to throw these types of moments out of nowhere, but it didn't even throw a sign or a glimpse. The whole of the family were drained, but back home atleast. To say it hadn't been rough was a lie, but for them all to be at home together was a real blessing.

He'd woken up on the following Monday morning feeling extremely sluggish. His hair wasn't working and neither were the bags under his eyes. He'd slept through his alarm yet made no attempt to rush, and his Mother didn't try to rush him either as she felt the same tiredness as he did. She still made him his breakfast and placed a kiss on his cheek as he grabbed his two slices of toast and left the house. His feet took him down the road to the bus where he got on one of the later ones, which had all the other late kids on it that were heading to school.

As he looked around the quiet bus he caught a glimpse of the more regular passengers of this bus was, compared to the packed and loud students that got on the earlier one. A few of the more rebellious students all sat at the back, loving the fact that they were late, looking rather pleased with themselves. Liam rolled his eyes at their behaviour before glancing at a couple of worried-looking lower years. Whether they were worried about being late or being stuck on a bus with a couple of the bad kids, Liam couldn't decide. He simply leaned his head against the window, the hot summer weather not really helping his tired mood much.

His feet carried him through the school yard again, the last few stragglers were rushing around trying to get to their form rooms, or simply lingering around to avoid going there. There were a few more significant places on this walk that stood out to him now in comparison to how they were simply just places before. He sighed, his sleepy head drooping to look down at his shoes as he shuffled towards the sixth form building.

He was looking forward to coming back, he'd missed a hell of a lot of work and was ready to catch up on it, and of course he'd missed Louis and Andy, and his other friends in his various classes. When he was away he realised just how easy it was to miss his school, whereas before hand he would have gladly walked away from it forever without a second thought. His school just had a lot more emotional attachments then he had realised before.

Liam heard the noise of the common room before the door was even open. He smiled a little, having missed the commotion, before he pushed open the doors and glanced to the seats where he, Louis and Andy always sat in the corner. He saw Louis first, laughing away with his hand holding onto the bridge of his nose, a habit he did when he found something particularly funny. Andy was next to him, chuckling away but still looking at his phone. Liam small smile faded when he saw the lanky, curly haired figure sat opposite them, mid-story, his large hands trying to articulate the story as he went. The figure saw him, glanced to Louis and Andy with a small smile before getting up, pulling his bag onto his shoulder in a swift movement.

Liam stood still, watching Harry Styles get up and walk towards him. The boy glanced at him and tried to offer a small smile before walking right around him. Liam Payne's body was so drained, he didn't have the effort to snap, or hit out, or hate. He simply shrugged a little at the boy before he shuffled towards his two friends, who suddenly caught onto his presence.

"And where the fuck have you been?! Text much?" Andy quickly snapped, yet Liam knew that it was out of love and worry they were both looking at him angrily. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders, dropping his bag next to him and getting comfy in the seat he was in.

"Sorry, there was a thing," He tried, before Louis cut in.

"A thing that lasted a week? A thing that cut all communication? We've been worried sick, Liam!" Louis burst out, his tone showing as much worry as his face was. Liam looked over his two friends and offered an apologetic smile, which turned into a long yawn.