Chapter Thirty Four

Liam Payne’s eyebrows rose in distaste when he heard his two best friends burst out laughing from behind him. He looked around and saw how they were both sat on the sofa looking at a photo of some poor girl who’d been tricked into sending Louis a photo of herself, not exactly looking sensible, as Liam would put it. Andy was whispering sordid words into Louis’ ear, making the older lad burst into laughter, and only agitating Liam more. He was hoping that they’d grow out of this sort of behaviour by year ten, but obviously not. Their idiotic tendencies were still there.

“Would you guys shut up? You’re giving me a headache and it’s loud enough in here as it is.” Liam huffed, as the sounds of the common room around him became louder. It was Friday morning, which meant everyone in both year twelve and year thirteen had a free period.

Andy and Louis looked up at Liam before exchanging a playful look, and Louis slipped his phone back into his pocket as he leaned back in his chair. As he leaned back, Andy leaned forward, looking over Liam with a curious look in his eyes.

“Someone a bit snappy today? Just think, soon we’re going to be spreading the bestest bit of gossip since that guy was caught wearing a thong in P.E.” Andy whispered excitedly, and Liam rolled his eyes. Andy and Louis were extremely insistent in making sure that everyone would know all about Zayn Malik and his so-called lovechild. Of course, Liam knew that it was absolute bollocks, the kid probably doesn’t even know what was hiding in his boxers, let alone use it.

“Are you guys sure it’s true? I really doubt it.” Liam replied, folding his arms and looking over them both with an unconvinced expression. Louis now leaned forward, nodding eagerly.

“We told you, we saw the kid! It was latched onto his leg, had the same eyes and hair.” Louis argued, with Andy nodding along with his words. They both knew what they had seen, and they’d seen the small kid that looked almost identical to Zayn Malik. If it wasn’t his, then they didn’t know who else’s it could have been.

“And plus, it was like this big!” Andy put in, before gesturing how tall the supposed child was. Liam rolled his eyes and sighed tiredly.

“Well that obviously makes it his kid! Shut up, idiot.” Liam sighed, before he looked towards the common room doors, wondering if Harry was ever going to show up today. He only wanted to see Harry so that he could blank him.

Liam was still incredibly hurt by what Harry had done and said. He couldn’t believe that Harry had said such mean shit to him, as well as hit him with a folder around the face. He wasn’t a great person, but he knew he didn’t deserve to be slapped around the face with a heavy binder, before being told how his little brother made better company than him to his Harry. After five years, Harry would rather hang out with his little brother than him? It wasn’t on. Liam bit his lip as his face saddened. Harry’s voice seemed to echo over and over in his head, only making Liam’s heart heavier. He made Harry’s stomach churn…the only guy Liam had ever liked and he made him sick to his stomach to think of.

“Just, keep it to ourselves, okay? We’ll look into it, maybe follow him together or something. Let’s make sure we have some hardcore evidence if we’re really going to do this.” Liam told them, even though he had not one flying interest in ever following Zayn Malik. Unless he really needed too, but the last thing he wanted to do was follow him as he lazily plodded down the streets, staring at everything in his path like it was some sort of amazing sculpture. Liam just really didn’t get it; at all.

It was times like these when Liam seemed to pick up on all of the similarities between both Zayn and Niall. Both boys shared the same disadvantage, but they were both so different. Zayn almost had a grown up version of autism, whereas Niall was stuck in his childlike ways due to his autism. Liam knew a lot about it due to his brother and his parents teaching him about it, it ran in his family, and he had another cousin who suffered from the same type as Niall, but even if Zayn’s own autism was different to Niall’s, it didn’t mean that there weren’t any similarities.