Chapter Thirty Two

With sketchbooks held closely to his chest, and a small smile propped onto his innocent face, Zayn Malik walked past the school bike sheds and towards the school gate. It was the end of the school day and he’d been a little late coming out from school, due to being too concentrated in his artwork to realise that the bell was ringing loudly to send the students home.

The sky was clear, the heat from the impending British summer still hot in the air as Zayn walked through the gates, his brown eyes taking in his surroundings. There were the odd clouds of white fluff hung in the sky, while the rest was a beautiful baby blue colour. The odd trees that were down the footpath were full of spring green colours, and Zayn’s brown eyes took in every colour, mentally allocating each as a type of green, before continuing his walk to the bus stop, ready to see his Nana.

Louis Tomlinson’s hand hit Andy’s side to alert him that the boy had walked past them and was now walking in front of them. The two boys seemed to kick themselves off the wall of the bike sheds and start walking after the boy, keeping a normal pace. They couldn’t get him here, they knew just where to get him though, and all they had to do was be patient.

Normally, Louis wouldn’t have been able to wait, but as he and Andy looked into the back of the mute boy’s head, all they saw was the absolute state that Liam was in, and wanted to make this crazy shithead pay. They exchanged another nod and a glance in each other’s direction, as they slowly followed the kid through the town.

“Can’t believe he’s got the whole sixth form thinking he’s some mute little angel…” Andy scoffed, his eyes glaring into the back of the boy’s head, “Fucking psycho.”

Louis quickly nodded in agreement, thinking of all of the big tears that had poured from Liam’s innocent brown eyes and soaked his sleeve. Neither Louis nor Andy had ever seen Liam so sad and choked up about something, and that’s why they were so angry about this whole situation. Liam was too nice a person to cry.

“We’ll show him fucking psycho…” Louis looked from the boy and to his best friend, as a wide smirk grew on his face, the smirk that always told one of his closest friends that an ingenious idea had popped into his head. Andy caught onto this quickly, and almost bounced on the spot in excitement.

“What is it, what is it?” Andy asked quickly, as he looked into the devious blue-grey eyes that belonged to the boy.

The same smirk stayed perched on Louis’ slender face, as his hand dipped into his pocket. Andy waited for a moment in silence as the two boys walked along, Louis’ hand rustling inside of his pocket, before the chestnut haired lad pulled a bright green lighter from his pocket and brought it up to Andy’s face, tapping the boy’s nose with it. Andy looked over it, before his left brow slowly rose up above the other, to show the slight confusion in his mind. 

“Louis, we can’t light the kid on fire. We’re going to make him pay but I don’t want to go to jail for it. Especially not with this face.” Andy spoke quickly, before pointing to his now smiling face, which made Louis roll his eyes.

“Pfft, atleast you won’t have this problem,” Louis spoke before he bumped his hips against Andy’s to gesture to his backside. Andy rolled his eyes at how over proud the boy was of the two balloons that he called his arse.

“And anyway, that wasn’t the point.” Louis told him standoffishly, before he looked forward to where Zayn Malik was still walking out in front of them, not one care in the world.

At that moment, Zayn took a left down a small road towards the park, his skinny little body almost as if on autopilot to Andy and Louis’ demands. As the raven haired boy turned, both boys took a glance at the small book in his hands, accompanied by a huge sketchbook which almost seemed to be protecting the smaller book, as if knowing that boys like Andy and Louis were going to try to get it from it’s rightful owner.