Chapter Three

“Ooo, what’s this, eh?” Harry Styles had only just sat back down with his friends after coming out of a lunchtime revision session for his Business studies class, when he felt his friend’s hand slip into his pocket and pull out the precious, folded piece of drawing paper. Harry immediately flinched, his first reaction being quick as he turned around and threw his hand around the perpetrator’s wrist, Harry’s large hand wrapping around the small wrist with ease, before his emerald eyes looked up and met a sparkling pair of blue-grey ones.

“Something personal I see…” Louis Tomlinson spoke, looking at Harry with a testing smile. When his chestnut haired friend smiled like that, Harry didn’t know what to predict from his friend.

“Yes. Don’t bother.” Harry spoke through gritted teeth, before his other hand wrapped around and took his precious drawing back from Louis, before he looked away from his friend, folding the drawing into the inside pocket of his blazer, so it was resting next to his heart.

Louis’ blue-grey eyes continued to look at his best friend, before he slowly turned around to the rest of the boys on the table, his facial expressions showing to the others how he had somehow managed to hit a nerve with Harry. There was a sudden air of awkwardness around the tables, as the other boys looked over Harry’s sudden mood change warily. It wasn’t like Harry to just snap out like that, especially at Louis, who was now poking away at his pasta, watching Harry out of the corner of his eye. Harry picked up on this, and now wondered why the lunch table was under such a cloud of anxiousness.

“You guys…alright?” Harry asked slowly, looking at his friends. Louis’ head flicked around to the boys before looking back at Harry.

“Erm, are you alright? You kinda just, you know, pulled out a karate move on me.” Louis spoke with a laugh, causing the other boys to let out a short laugh.

“You touched my stuff, I hate when people touch my stuff.” Harry spoke, before one of Louis’ eyebrows slowly rose above the other.

“Since when have you cared who touches your stuff?” Louis asked incredulously, and Harry shrugged his shoulders a little before looking down, when he realised his best friend had a point. Harry wasn’t normally one to mind if someone ever used his stuff, or took one of his pens or something. This was different. Pens could be replaced if they were lost or taken, Zayn’s drawing couldn’t.

“Harry?” Louis asked expectantly, before there was a chuckle from the other side of the table, and Harry and Louis looked up to see their friend Liam Payne chuckling at them.

“Louis, leave him alone, it’s obviously something important from someone important!” Liam sang, winking at Harry before he turned to his friend Andy, receiving an eyebrow wriggle from him. Harry rolled his eyes and shook his head at Liam, although he knew his brown-eyed friend was too busy pulling faces with Andy to notice.

“Who, who, who?!” Louis asked quickly, grabbing hold of Harry’s arm and bobbing around on his chair excitedly. Harry looked at the eager boy with a frown.

“They’re only lesson notes, Lou. Important lesson notes, so please calm down.” Harry spoke up, and watched as Louis’ face deflated into a bored expression.

“I wouldn’t let you see them because I know what you’re like, the last load of lesson notes you looked over ended up with you sneezing all over them. I want to pass Business Studies snot free, thank you very much.” Harry started to go on, even though he couldn’t help crack a smile as Louis, Liam and Andy were all chuckling away, or trying to not laugh. Louis rolled his eyes and simply nudged his elbow against Harry’s before focusing back onto his food.

“Just cause you fancy me.” Louis mumbled with a smile on his face, and Harry looked at him with a wide smile. That was Louis excuse for everything, literally. He’d said it to teachers asking for missing homework more than once.