Chapter Twenty

Following the kiss that had plagued his mind for days, Zayn found himself on a constant cloud nine. Everything seemed ten times better for him, and his imagination seemed to set it’s self off on thoughts of Harry ever so easily. When he walked down the street, rubbish on the street wasn’t just rubbish anymore, it was left by Harry as a secret trail, wanting Zayn to follow it, where it would lead them to the art closet, and more little kisses.

Everything seemed to link itself to Harry, Zayn couldn’t help it, and his mind was just totally and utterly infatuated by the curly haired boy. He would sit and wait in the art closet until the boy of his dreams would walk in with a wide smile. Even on the days that Harry wouldn’t show up, obviously due to other engagements, Zayn would take it as a chance to catch up on his drawings. If he wasn’t drawings sunny beaches out of the travel magazine that he still carried around with him, then he would be drawing Harry.

Even as the boy sat in his small bedroom at his Father’s house, drawing in his book at the small wooden desk near his small single bed, his quiet hums echoed around the bedroom walls softly. Even though his Father’s house was small, and quiet, in one of the roughest parts of town, the boy’s lovesick humming seemed to lighten up the house. The sun shined in through the windows, as if encouraging Zayn to keep humming his tune, and Zayn loved watching the rays of the sun float through the window and light up all of the small particles of dust that were floating around his bedroom. The sun would hit each one and light it up like a string of tiny, floating fairy lights. It was just dust, but to Zayn’s eyes it was so much more, like most unnoticed objects were by the normal person’s eye.

Small lines of lyrics started to fall from Zayn’s lips. The words were most probably wrong, and jumbled, and his voice was so quiet and crackled that most of the words may not have been heard, but he could hear them, and he could sing them. He could sing them for Harry. As he drew Harry’s small face, his singing seemed to get louder. His angel like voice carried through the house. His pencil fluttered around the page, like it never wanted to do anything else. The boy sat singing softly, pencilling in his sketches, making sure that all highlights and shadows were in proportion. The drawing had to be perfect to reflect on the boy himself.

“What in God’s name are you making so much racket for?” the harsh voice came as quickly as the large hand that grabbed a fistful of Zayn’s raven locks, tugging them harshly, causing the brown eyed boy to squeak in fright. His hands fumbled to quickly close the drawing book. Of course, it was too late. The boy who had barely made a noise above a loud whisper was pulled backwards off the wooden chair and onto the floor by the back of hair. 

“What is this?” His Father’s rough voice came again, before he leaned over his son, who was lying on the floor in shock and pain, like he wasn’t even there. His Father’s beady eyes looked over the book, and he soon started opening pages, his eyes scanning over what the drawings contained. Zayn let out a squeak as he reached for the desk to try and pull himself up. He didn’t want his Father to see his drawings. As Zayn’s hand reached up to the edge of the desk, his Father’s hand quickly gripped onto it, his larger hand pinning his son’s hand to the table, hard enough to make another squeak of pain leave the boy’s trembling mouth.

“Are you drawing fucking boys?!” His Father yelled, carelessly throwing each page across to see more of his son’s drawings. Zayn said nothing, his eyes watered as he waited for the punches to come.

“What in God’s name is wrong with you?! Who is this little prick?” His father demanded, before his free hand ripped out a drawing of Harry. The page ripped half way down, going right down the side of Harry’s perfect face and ripping half of his jaw and his dimple from the drawing, before he held it up to Zayn’s face as a demand for an explanation.