Drawn Out Dreams. [A Zarry Fanfiction.]

Preface

The young, bright-eyed Harry let out a loud laugh as he and his friends sat around the sand pit. They had all eaten their lunches, which meant the rest of their lunch could be spent out in the sun, building millions of huge sandcastles, which they would all kick down excitedly.

“Psst…look who is coming over.” One of Harry’s friends loudly whispered, before the seven year old turned around slowly. Harry’s green eyes clicked onto the small, olive skinned boy that was walking over to him and his friends. His raven coloured hair was cropped short, simply pointing in all kinds of directions due to the lack of care that had gone into it. The small boys’ feet shuffled over to the boys at the sandpit, a piece of paper in his hands.

“Hi Zayn…” Harry greeted with a small smile, even though he was a little wary about the brown-eyed boy in front of him. He kept himself to himself, he barely spoke, and he never ever played with the other children. Zayn’s small face brightened in a smile, before the boys winced, causing his face to scrunch up in pain.

“What’s that? It looks cool!” One of the other boys at the sandpit yelled, pointing to the big blue bruise at the side of Zayn’s face. Zayn looked over the boy with sad eyes and shook his head. Harry didn’t want to say anything, his Mum had always told him that when there’s nothing nice to say, don’t say it, and so Harry kept his mouth shut.

Zayn looked back at Harry and forced another small smile onto his face, before he pushed the paper into his hands. Harry looked down in confusion as he took the paper from the small boy, and Zayn’s smile expanded before his small hand reached out and gently pulled on one of Harry’s curls, before pointing at the paper urgently, a slight giggle escaping his lips. Harry looked down at the drawing, only to see a drawing of himself, Zayn’s tiny finger pointing at the curly hair he had drawn for Harry. Harry smiled a little even though he didn’t understand why he had been given the drawing, but his Mother’s words swam around in his mind once again, so he simply smiled and thanked Zayn, before another giggle left Zayn’s lips and he ran away from the boys.

“He’s weird.” One of the boys spat out loudly, and Harry frowned at him before clutching the picture closer to his person. 

Cover on the side made by the lovely @Nialler1220, it's so good! :)x<3