Chapter Forty Four

An oblivious Harry Styles plodded into the main sixth form doors, his large hand covering his mouth as another long yawn hit his body, causing his tired green eyes to close tightly, his dimples stretched in his cheeks. It was the first day of year thirteen, and the first day back at school after a long, and perfect seeming summer. His hair was messy, simply scooped out of his face, a look that seemed to grace him every lazy Monday morning. His school uniform seemed foreign once again, after several weeks of no use, and his new school shoes were too big, his natural clumsiness causing him to already scuff the toes of them.

If the tired teenager could realise that behind the common room doors that he was soon going to be opening, held a begrudging teenager who was ready to verbally rip Harry Styles to pieces, the boy wouldn't have come to school today, but of course, on this early September day, he was oblivious. Harry had never really had a knack of being able to see what was about to come.

He pushed the doors open, and his feet lead him down to the sofas that he and his four friends had claimed since the first day of year twelve, exactly a year ago. He plonked down with a sigh, his messenger bag hitting the floor as his bum hit the soft seat, and his green eyes looked to the faces of his three best friends.

"Morning, lads." Harry's tired voice mumbled. Another yawn followed, his eyes closing once again as he inhaled, and exhaled, before he looked once again at his three best friends. It was then that he realised that no one had spoken, and he frowned a little, as he looked over Louis and Andy's quiet and awkward faces.

"Nice summer?" Liam spoke up first, a small smile on his sun-tanned face, his words like a hot knife going through butter. The curly haired boy nodded slowly, a small smile on his face.

"Yupp, lazy summer, best way to spend it." Harry replied again, wondering why Louis hadn't interrupted with a long story about a girl he'd managed to bag, or a quick-witted joke from Andy. The two boisterous boys were silent, their eyes looking into Harry's like he was on dangerous territory. Of course, oblivious Harry had no idea.

"So you didn't get up to much?" Liam spoke, his deep brown eyes looking into Harry's face like a teacher expecting an overdue piece of work. Harry shook his head a little, wondering if the friendship between them was still sore due to the amount of dramatics that had occurred in the last few weeks of term before summer. Harry had hoped that Liam would be more mature than to let it drag on longer than necessary.

"Nah...ate too many BBQs but still, not much to report back. What about you guys?" Harry asked, looking sideward and into the grey eyes of Louis Tomlinson, wanting to hear his voice. His best friend was too silent for his liking, and the curly haired lad started to feel a little on edge from not hearing Louis or Andy speak.

"Went to a few parties, didn't we lads?" Liam answered again quickly, still giving Harry that same, almost dreading look.

His green eyes wanted to look away but couldn't, Liam Payne knew how to give a hell of an intense look, and Harry was on the end of it. Louis sighed a little, due to having him open his mouth to speak and get cut off. That was one of his pet hates, due to his love of his own voice. Andy was sat with his arms folded, looking at Harry with a much less intense look, and more of a look of pity.

Oblivious Harry looked around his friends once more, before his lips parted so a few of his words could pass from them, his thumb picking at the other nails on his left hand.

"How come I wasn't invited?"

A chuckle followed the few words; his ever-playful character poking it's way to the surface, wanting to light up the somewhat tense atmosphere. There was a silence, before the sound of Louis' palm hitting his forehead slapped through the air.