Chapter Nineteen

Louis Tomlinson let out another strange noise, which caused Harry to turn in confusion and look at his best friend. A small frown was etched into the curly haired boy’s face, but it softened when he saw his friend pulling a strange face while taking a photo of himself on an iPad.

“Dude, take this seriously…” Harry whined, walking away from a row of iPods. His feet carried him lazily over to where Louis was stood, still taking strange photos of himself.

“I am, see?” Louis quickly replied, before his fingers danced across the touchscreen, where he slid the photo he had just taken across, revealing another of him, giving his best model pout. Harry looked from the photo to his smug best friend with a puzzled expression, before he let out a sigh and walked over to the cameras.

Harry had never enjoyed shopping, when he was dragged along with his parents he normally got distracted really easily, and it seemed that Louis was the same way. Harry had his work in an hour or so, so he was killing time with Louis, although Louis wasn’t taking this as seriously as Harry was. Louis had pranced through the isles of the media store, before he had wandered off to take photos of himself, not caring that those around him were giving him strange looks. Harry on the other hand, was concocting a plan as he went along.

“Louis, seriously, I brought you here to help me. I thought you were good with all of this technical stuff!” Harry whined, looking back at his best friend, who was still stood staring at photos of himself on the iPads.

“I am good at all this technical stuff, but you’re plodding around like a caveman, huffing and puffing at everything.” Louis quickly retorted, his blue-grey eyes rolling around in his eye sockets, before he placed the iPad back down and walked over to Harry.

“I wanted help!” Harry quickly spoke back, and Louis was all but too quick to reply.

“What with?! Make sense, would you?” the chestnut haired boy snapped, looking at Harry for some sort of explanation of some kind. Harry flapped his arms around again, which made Louis roll his eyes and sigh in despair again.

“I want a camera!” Harry demanded, his low voice louder than he intended it to be, which ended up attracting the attention of one of the young sales assistants. Louis’ eyebrows rose a little, as the boy looked around before he turned back to Harry with a patient smile.

“You could have just said so, fool.” He smiled, before Harry was being dragged over to the cameras once more. Harry rolled his eyes. He was a technophobe, it was a gene trait that seemed to run in his family, so he felt completely out of depth. All he knew was that he wanted to pick out a camera, ready for when he had the money in his bank to buy it.

Louis pulled him to the cameras, and both boys stopped and looked at the huge range of cameras that were on sale. They ranged in size and colour, even the shapes of them all varied a little even though they were all basically the same thing. To Harry, they were all cameras that took photos, but to Louis’ blue-grey eyes that seemed to scan over everything about each camera, they were megabites of memory and pixels and many other words that Harry hopelessly tried to understand.

“What exactly do you want?” Louis then asked, looking back up at Harry expectantly. Harry’s mind whirled in a hurricane of information that Louis had just spouted, and his obvious technical confusion must have shown on his face, because Louis’ own facial expression started to turn impatient. He crossed his arms, the first sign that he was getting bored of Harry’s slowness with technology.

“A…camera…” Harry spoke again slowly, his words causing a groan of annoyance to slip from Louis’ mouth.

“I just want something that will take good photos…and close up, too. I hate this stuff, that’s why you’re here!” Harry quickly retorted, before folding his own arms across his chest in a huff. The two boys stood in silence. Harry’s green eyes were watching his best friend out of the corner of his eyes, as Louis pinched the bridge of his nose.