Chapter Twenty Nine

The weekend was a long, drawn out affair for Harry Styles. No amount of time wasted on games consoles, watching TV with his family, or even writing out plans for essays was enough to distract his mind from the brown-eyed boy that seemed to haunt it so often. Zayn wasn’t like any other of Harry’s friends, it’s not like he could send a quick text to him to see how he was. Any sort of online social media was out of question too, Harry truly doubted that Zayn would ever have a Facebook account, and if he did, then it would have been found by now, since Harry had spent the other night checking just in case.

When his Mother woke him up on the Monday morning, Harry had gotten to the point when he was starting to fear not seeing Zayn again. Everytime Harry rolled over in his bed, there was some sign that Zayn had been there. The pillow Zayn slept on smelt like him, and every so often if Harry pulled the covers over his head then a waft of Zayn’s beautiful smell would drift into his nostrils, like it was some sort of air freshener. Harry had to admit it was intoxicating, especially when the thoughts of waking up next to the raven-haired angel snuggled into his side flashed in his mind.

Zayn’s hair was flat and ruffled, going past his forehead and almost into his eyes. His nose had scrunched up a little like a kitten’s, and his lips had parted so that he could deliver a husky and rough whisper of a ‘good morning’ to Harry, before the boy’s eyes had even opened. Harry had responded with a kiss to the nose, acting out before he could control himself.

Harry often felt like that around the other boy. It was obvious that Liam had feelings for Harry. He’d started to gather that theory over the last week or two, and it even felt like Louis and Andy knew that as well. Harry just wished that it wasn’t Liam that liked him, or that Liam liked someone else atleast.

The boy was his best friend, but he was extremely temperamental. After years of experience with dealing with Liam’s mood swings, Harry had gotten quite used to randomly being slapped around the back of the head by Liam, or being blanked after saying some stupid joke at Liam’s expense that Harry would never mean, but now it felt ten times worse. Harry knew that Liam could be jealous when it came to relationships. Liam was one of those people that didn’t know when to relax properly, which just made things ten times harder now that Liam knew about Zayn. Harry didn’t know how, or why, he just knew that Liam had seen them together, which messed up everything well and truly, as well as caused Liam to grow into the raging, envious hurricane that he was slowly turning into.

Harry had quickly gotten dressed into his school uniform, the weather being too hot for a jumper today, and even his blazer felt too heavy to put on. He ruffled up his hair before heading to the bathroom to carry out his hygienic routine. The morning rushed by as all Monday mornings do, and Harry was quickly pushed out of the house by his Mother, who quickly thrusted a slice of toast into his mouth before telling him to run for the school bus. Harry did just that, and after running through the shortcuts in his housing estate, he managed to reach the bus stop before the bus rolled up, even though his hair was in a bit of a state, and he felt like he hadn’t showered in days from the already gathering humidity.

Louis Tomlinson had been sat at the bus stop, occasionally throwing pebbles or whatever else he could find at the group of year nine’s that were all stood round in a circle, talking about the sex that they never really had over the weekend. When Harry had arrived, Louis looked up at him with a nonchalant smile, before leaning up and biting onto the toast that had been in Harry’s mouth and pulling it into his own, nibbling away on it like a happy child.

“You look flustered.” Louis simply commented, as his grey-blue eyes watched Harry dig some deodorant from his bag, before the curly haired boy sprayed his armpits without a care.

“Had to run all the way here, thought I was going to be late.” Harry commented, his voice slightly ragged from the run he had broken into through his housing estate. Both Harry and Louis lived in the same housing estates, but they lived on opposite sides of the estate, yet still caught the same bus from the same stop. Louis nodded as a response, before Harry leaned down and bit onto the toast, taking it back from Louis so that he could finish it off.