Chapter Twenty Five

Zayn Malik had first found the small note tucked inside of his sketchbook at Friday lunchtime. His feet had been shuffling along the corridor away from the art closet and towards the common room, as he didn’t have any lessons that afternoon when the small note had fallen out, and thinking it was a stray sketch, the boy had quickly picked it up. His big brown eyes looked over the small piece of paper that had been folded into the shape of a small heart, and quickly analysed that the scrawled writing of his own name on it indicated to the boy that it was not one of his sketchings.

He walked down to the common room, and upon finding it practically empty with the exception of a few other students working away on coursework for their own subjects, he found himself a small table and settled upon it. Before doing anything else, he read the small note that was addressed to him and soon found out that it was from Harry, telling Zayn which buses to get on to get to Harry’s house, and what he needed to bring. Zayn had immediately beamed a smile in excitement.

Unknowingly to the boy, Harry had wanted to give the note to him in person. In fact, Harry was planning on telling Zayn himself, face to face, but ever since Liam discreetly revealed that he knew what was going on, Harry knew he was better off writing it on a secret note and sneaking it into one of Zayn’s sketchbooks in the artroom. Harry figured that the more time that he spent with Liam, the better off it would be for him.

He was a little nervous about it all, the curly haired lad was terrified that if he strayed away from Liam for too long, he would catch on and reveal to Louis and Andy what was happening; if he hadn’t already, that was. But, Harry had a feeling that if Louis and Andy knew then he would have been questioned and teased by now.

Zayn’s backpack was now filled with the things that Harry had told him to bring, or what he had of the list anyway, and he was now walking down a quiet street in the outer suburbs of Bradford. It seemed like a big housing estate, full of family sized houses, a few of them even having double garages. It was almost six o’clock, and Zayn had hopped on a bus after getting to the bus station, which had taken him to this nice part of town.

Zayn smiled a little as his curious big brown eyes looked up and down the quiet roads of houses, taking in all the little details of the nice area. He looked at all of the coloured garage doors, that ranged from blue, to green and to red, and even spotted a yellow garage door, which made Zayn smile. With the note in his hands for reference, Zayn made his way towards the direction of Harry’s house.

When the boy finally reached the drive of a medium sized house, he gave a little smile as he found that the golden number on the door was the same number as Harry had written on the note. He looked up at the house and let his eyes look over it. There was no car in the drive, but there was a small front garden, even though the green blades of glass were starting to get too long.

There were a few patches of random daisies scattered around, even though their small heads were starting to close up for the night, as the June evening started to roll in. The sun was slowly dipping down as the earth rolled away from it, but it was still putting up a fight by splaying its pink and orange coloured rays across the night sky. Zayn always liked the colours it would give off, as it’s last battle before sinking away from them for another day.

He walked up to the front door and tapped his knuckles on the wooden panel. The painted wood was glossy and smooth against his knuckles, and Zayn smiled a little from the feel of the soft wood against his hand. He stepped back a little, returning his hand to holding the other side of the small note of instructions that Harry had given him as he waited for the curly haired boy to open the door.

As he waited, Zayn’s brown eyes looked at the little golden letters on the door, and looked at how there was a tiny spider hanging off of one of the numbers, it’s little legs working overtime as it made a tiny web. As Zayn looked at the little speckles of beige and brown on the spider’s back, the door suddenly swung open, revealing Harry Styles with a wide grin and a phone tucked inbetween his shoulder and his ear.