Chapter Nine

“Another revision session…he’ll meet us outside of form.” Louis spoke, as he, Andy and Liam sat around under the tree outside. The sun had decided to make yet another appearance, which meant the sixth form boys were all going out and sitting out there, since lower years were too much trouble to be trusted on the school field unattended.

Liam leaned over a little and Louis’ words, and his brown eyes looked over the text from Harry, before he leaned back into his normal position. He had been skimming through the notes he had made in a book he was reading. He loved reading, and tended to highlight little quotes, or fold over the pages on the best bits of books. He loved analysing things, which was probably why he was doing so well in English Literature. Andy barely looked up, since he was too fascinated by soaking in the summer sun, as he leant on his back on the grass, a couple of sunglasses over his eyes, as he lazily chewed away on some gum.

“Business studies…right? He probably has an exam coming up or something.” Liam replied, before he turned his page, and his brown eyes looked over an amazing quote, that was highlighted.

“Probably…what you reading?” Louis asked, obviously becoming bored with his quiet friends. Louis’ hand had reached over and taken the book right out of Liam’s hands, just as the boy was about to explain it. Liam rolled his eyes, mumbling that he should have known better that Louis had a mind of his own and went by his own rules. Louis grey-blue eyes read over the blurb.

“He was the teacher…he was the bad boy…he was irresistible…oh my God, Liam, what is this?” Louis asked, pulling a face. Liam grunted and snatched the book from the boy sat next to him.

“It’s about love!” Liam told him matter of factly, before he tried to find where he was in the book. Louis raised an eyebrow.

“It’s about a teacher getting it with a student, that’s weird shit man…” Louis replied, looking at the book as if he was Satan talking about the bible. Andy suddenly perked up, his sunglasses falling from his nose slightly, to reveal his eyes.

“Is there a sex scene?” Andy quickly asked, completely intrigued by the book in question. Liam rolled his eyes and quickly held the book to his chest.

“Vultures!” He scolded them both, looking from one boy to the other as he held the book close. Andy simply chuckled, as he laid out, his body propped up by his elbow. Louis simply wriggled his eyebrows in Andy’s direction, before he attempted to reach out for the book again. A slapped hand was his consequence for that action.

“You guys, can’t you take literature seriously? I bet you both wouldn’t know what a true meaning of a sentence was if it hit you in the face. I bet you’ve never even read a book to try and look past the words, have you?” Liam asked them, although he was unaware of the fact that in the middle of his literature rant, his hand that was holding his precious book had dropped a little to one side and was in Andy’s reach. Louis simply rose an eyebrow, watching Andy reach over for the book out of the corner of his mischievous eyes. 

“So…there is a sex scene or?” Louis asked with a laugh, and Liam rolled his eyes and grumbled, just as Andy swiped the book from him. Liam yelped and quickly tried to grab it back from his best friend, but it was too late, Andy had rolled over and was quickly skimming through the pages. Louis laughed triumphantly, and jumped over to Andy’s side, half leaning on him as the two teenage boys went through the pages, pointing at Liam’s precious notes and laughing.

Liam was all too used to this treatment. His friends were utter idiots, they didn’t want to sit around and talk about literature or anything like that with him, no, they were uncivilised. Liam had told himself on many an occasion that he would have a more in depth conversation about the meaning of a writer’s words with a five year old, rather than his two best friends, who seemed more interested in going straight for the more sensual parts of the novel. Liam was sat crossed legged, his chin in his hands, and his elbows on his knees, a bit like a child that was in a bad mood himself, as he looked over his friends with bored eyes.