Chapter Thirty Nine

The only sounds to flood the two boy’s ears had been those of seagulls flying overhead, and the calming sound of the dark blue sea, slowly creeping up the sandy beach with an indescribable sound. The two boys had simply sat against a wall that stuck up from the sand to separate the long beach from the small town. Their backs were against the wall as they sat in the sand, eyes watching as the tide came in and out in its hypnotising motion.

Zayn’s brown eyes were having a field day, literally. They were soaking in the scenery around him like a sponge. Every grain of sand never went unnoticed, and the odd stones or broken shells that would jag over the tiny dunes of sand. Zayn liked looking at the strewn out pieces of seaweed that seemed to litter the beach in a long line, as if specifically put there, even though it was a pure work of nature. Zayn’s little camera seemed to capture as much as his two brown eyes, and Harry couldn’t have helped the laugh he gave when he found out the boy had taken over more than one hundred photos within only being in the small seaside town for less than a day.

After driving for almost four hours, they’d finally arrived at the small seaside town that Harry had been coming too since the day he could first walk. The small town held so many family memories for him, they came every year, for atleast a week or two, and even had a caravan down here. He loved it, and he knew every nook and cranny of the streets. Now it was time to show Zayn all the little things that he knew, and create some memories with the beautiful boy to his left. With their bags still in the car, they’d parked up and spent the day walking around the town, and Harry had revelled in the pride of walking around and proudly holding Zayn’s hand. It was nice to know that no one of any importance would see them here; it was just them, on their own.

Harry had watched as stall after stall of brightly coloured buckets and spades made Zayn’s eyes sparkle wildly, the raven-haired boy making many comments about how pretty everything was here. The boy hadn’t even asked where they were, what they were doing here, he just went along with everything. Zayn never questioned anything Harry did, and Harry loved that about him. He had the boy’s full and complete trust; something Harry’s rumbling conscience seemed to remind him of quite often.

After walks around the town, and many exciting stories that had fallen from Harry’s lips about all the times he had ever been here, Zayn listened to each and every word and took it all in, just as excited to hear Harry’s stories as the curly haired lad was to tell them. They’d spent ages walking in circles and taking the town in, before finally making their way to the beach. The sun had been starting to set when they had first arrived on the beach and sat down by the wall, and over the time they were sat there, they had watched as people trickled away, leaving the beach empty, except for the odd dog walker that went by, or the loved up couple walking by the shore, wrapped up in their own paradise.

It had been quiet, as the pink and orange rays of the setting sun had started to splurge across the sky, until there was a small grumble from the raven-haired boy’s stomach. Harry had immediately looked up with a wide smile, as Zayn smiled bashfully. As Harry had gotten up and brushed himself down of sand, he wondered how even the noise of the boy’s stomach could be just as cute as the boy. Soon enough, after a short walk and an exchanging of pennies, Harry offered Zayn the ice cream in his hands. Zayn’s eyes widened in excitement.

“Ice cream!” Zayn giggled, taking it thankfully and looking over the way the white ice cream curled above the wafer cone.

“I promised that I’d buy you a million of them…well, here’s one, anyway.” Harry chuckled, before he leant forward and bit onto the chocolate flake coming from it and pulled it away with a smirk. Zayn watched Harry with eyes full of shock.

“That was my flake.” Zayn pouted, and Harry simply chuckled at the small pout on his boyfriend’s beautiful face. Harry, with the flake still in his teeth, shook his head teasingly.