Chapter Fifteen

Niall Horan’s small face was pushed up against the bus window. His small hands were pressed against the glass too, as excited blue eyes watched houses and trees drive by. Niall’s nose was pressed against the window, and everytime the boy breathed a small patch of condensation would rise on the window, at which point he would lean back and draw a smiley face into it, before looking back out of the window again. The young teenager was so excited from the bus journey, and Harry couldn’t help but chuckle and smile at Niall’s actions. Occasionally, he would reach out and tickle the fourteen year olds sides, which would cause the boy’s loud laugh to echo around the bus. Harry always looked at Niall like a little brother, how could he not?

Liam was sat next to Harry, as the three boys sat at the back of the double decker bus, his feet up on the other seat in front of him which Niall was sat up on. Occasionally his excitable young brother would jump back and sit on one of Liam’s trainers, causing his older brother to push the boy off. His trainers were expensive. He was looking down at his phone, either going through his twitter feeds or texting his Mother. The more Liam didn’t reply, the more his Mother texted him, saying the same thing, ‘Make sure Niall eats.’ followed by a small line of kisses. He finally texted her back with a reassurance, before looking up at Harry.

“I’ve told him that he has to do what we say, if he doesn’t then I’ll tell him off.” Liam spoke, talking as if his younger brother wasn’t there. Niall wouldn’t have noticed either way, he was still looking out of the window, occasionally mumbling something to himself happily.

Harry looked over at Liam with one of his eyebrows higher than the other.

“Li.” Harry told him warningly, and Liam rolled his eyes and looked back at his phone. He knew that if he pushed it too far then he would receive a lecture from Harry. Like Harry even understood how Liam felt anyway.

Harry smiled triumphantly at how submissive Liam always got when he used his most disciplinary voice, before he moved over a little so that his shoulder bumped against Liam’s. Liam looked up at him with two big, brown eyes.

“Smile!” Harry whispered, before smiling at his best friend before looking back at Niall, who was still looking out of the window. Liam simply chuckled and rolled his eyes, the small pink tint to his cheeks unnoticed by Harry, who leaned over to the younger of the two brothers.

“Hey Ni, you see that tall tower over there?” Harry said, before pointing over to a large church spire. Niall’s blue eyes looked over to it quickly, before he nodded eagerly.

“That’s an old church that’s one of the oldest buildings in Bradford…they say that at night, you can hear ghosts in there!” Harry spoke, a smile on his face as he told the fourteen year old a silly story. Niall’s face lit up in excitement before he turned to Harry excitedly.

“Ghosts? Real ghosts?” Niall asked, his big blue eyes twinkling like the innocent child that he was on the inside.

“Yeah, Ni, real ones!” Harry chuckled, loving how happy he could make the kid. His conscience seemed to relax more when Harry was with Niall and looking after him, and didn’t seem to scream out demands for Zayn as much.

“Like Scooby Doo?” Niall quickly asked again, and even Liam was chuckling by now.

“Yeah, just like Scooby Doo. Well, that’s what I’ve heard, anyway.” Harry whispered loudly, before winking at the boy in front of him, before watching Niall bounce back to the window to look out of it once more, the excited words falling out of his mouth to quick for Harry’s ears to catch. 

Liam had to admit, even though Niall was a pain in the arse, watching Harry and Niall together really did make him smile. There was something about Harry, he seemed to make everything he touched seem amazing and magical to Liam, but when Harry played around with his little brother, he even made Niall cute. Liam had to bite on his lip to stop the dorky smile from spreading any further across his face, for fear of Harry seeing it and taking the piss out of him, but deep down inside, he knew Harry would never really take the piss out of him. Harry was too good for that.