Chapter Forty Three

Like every other British house party, an alcohol fund was prepared, and each guest invited to Liam Payne’s seventeenth party put in a various amount of money for alcohol, if they couldn’t bring their own. The guest list was a mixture of boys and girls alike, plus ones invited along as well, with the promise that they would all bring their own booze. Over the few days before the night of the party, Liam and his Mother started a collection of alcohol with the profits from the party. Liam had received a good £20 worth of alcohol money, and a few hours before the party, he had lined up the different kinds of bottles that he had brought on the table.

He had a teenagers dream, his Mother and Stepfather were fairly laidback when it came to parties, aslong as he took care and made sure everyone was sensible, and the house didn’t get trashed, Liam could do as he pleased; within reason. Before the party started, Liam’s Mum and Step-Dad went out and warned Liam to look after Niall, who wanted to be at the party. They left, and Niall sat at the kitchen stools, carrying out any instructions that Liam gave him. It was mostly setting out plastic cups and shot glasses, but it kept the kid happy.

The party slowly started to get going, Andy and Louis arriving with another lad from their sixth form and a couple of shy looking girls, both brandishing short dresses and a bottle of alcohol each. Liam tried not to grimace as he eyed over the two latest victims of Louis Tomlinson and Andy Samuels, and he ushered them to the kitchen so he could go back and fix his hair. He had been between the decision to fix his hair with more gel or ruffle it all up to give him a messy look when a few more of the boys from the school football team showed up, and he began to slip into his role of host, receiving various birthday chants, and the odd kiss from a girl who had already pre-drunk.

The party was in full swing by nine o’clock. The last of the late arrivals had showed up, and now there were teenagers flooding in every room. Many little groups kept pulling on Liam’s arm, yelling at him to stop pacing around every room, asking everyone if they were okay and to play spin the bottle, or ask where the smoking area was. Liam smiled and always gave them the same answer.

“Later mate, got all night.”

A chuckle would follow his words, but deep down, the brown-eyed boy was starting to grow irritable. His fresh, white shirt had started to become more ragged and looked less like the ironed material his Mother had sorted for him atleast ten minutes before the party had actually started. The thin black tie around his neck had started to become loose as well, and the more that Liam walked around the downstairs of his house, the more bottles of beer happened to keep coming into contact with his hands.

Liam walked into the living room, where one set of loud speakers attached to what he thought was Andy’s iPod was playing. The bass was loud from the speakers, and the amount of his peers all standing around the edges of the room, laughing loudly and making sure they and their dates were all drinking. A loud set of laughter came from one corner, and he looked over and gritted his teeth together when he saw his fourteen-year-old brother being the centre of attention. Their Mother had embarrassingly dressed Niall up like Liam, both siblings sporting a white shirt and black tie, with jeans. Whereas Liam’s shirtsleeves were hung around his elbows, Niall hadn’t touched his, as normal.

“It’s my favourite, please give it back! We can’t make a mess, Mum said if we did we’d get into trouble, please can I have my DVD back?” Niall asked quickly, although his small frantic voice was barely heard over the loud music. A couple of year thirteen’s that Liam knew from football had decided to see his younger brother as an easy target, and were holding up his precious Cars DVD so they could watch the short boy jump up for them. Liam rolled his eyes as he walked over, taking his brother’s arm in his so he could face him.

“Li Li, they,” Any attempt of explanation from Niall was cut short.

“If you don’t get upstairs and stop embarrassing me in ten minutes I’m telling Mum you drank beer.” Liam warned, his voice low as he scowled down at his baby brother. Niall’s wide blue eyes didn’t blink as he looked up at Liam in shock. His hands quickly tugged on the older boy’s, his bottom lip trembling.