A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Forty-Seven - Willow Tree

Hey peeps :)

Okay, okay, I know I said I would try to update ASAP, but turns out I wasn't as free as I'd hoped :| and now I'm updating this fairly short chapter. Sorry about that! ><" Gosh, I was desperate to put something on for you guys, but I wrote this with full concentration and effort, I swear :)

Today this chapter is dedicated to aliciaberk101. Thanks for your reads, votes and comments :D definitely your support! :) appreciate them to bits <3

Thanks for reading guys!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Forty-Seven

-Destiny’s P.O.V-

My watch pointed at nine as I hid under the giant willow tree. Just in time.

          I was now standing in the local town park, waiting for a dear friend. I would say that he is more than just a dear friend, but I’ve decided to let fate decide where this relationship will go; who knows, right?

          “Train.” I smiled slowly when we met. It has been so long since we had a proper meeting now that I’m no longer in the Kimchee Corner, and ever since we stopped having our usual band practices which will resume today for the sake of the competition tonight.

          “Des.” He said quietly. It almost feels like we were meeting each other for the first time, but I can’t argue with that. Despite the fact that we met months ago, it still feels like we haven’t really met, at least, not one of us could read each other like a book, and this short period of isolation just couldn’t agree more.

          “How have you been?” I asked, starting at the basics.

          “Hmm.” He shrugged. “It’s been a long time, I know.”

          “It’s okay, we have time.” I said.

          We both stood in a comfortable distance and studied each other for a while. It was weird, it felt like we were friends meeting for the first time in years. I argued in my mind if I should ask him about the last couple of weeks, but then relented and decided to let things start off easily. I definitely don’t want to pin him down with hard questions and tough answers. Besides, we both knew fairly well that Train really needed some time before.

          “We’re here now.” I began. “If it’d make you feel better, I didn’t expect anything.”

          “You didn’t?”

          “Well yeah, I don’t know how relationships work, but I guess you didn’t, too.”

          “I never did, Des.” He shook his head. “Des, listen, I’m sorry that I’ve been horrible to you. I know, I wasn’t there for you, never contacted you, I was confused and I didn’t know what I had to do to make things right.”

          “You don’t have to do anything. Why do you have to make things right when things aren’t wrong to begin with? Unless if it’s wrong to you…”

          “No, it’s not wrong, but the fear of it being wrong again is overwhelming.” He muttered. “I just don’t want to go through another breakup, I don’t want another ex, I don’t want to hurt anyone and I don’t want to get hurt, too, but I realized…that my history may’ve bothered you somehow.”