A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Thirty-Five - The Audition

Hey guys :D

Sorry for delaying my update for a day, exams are coming in on Monday, and I'm literally freaking out about them, especially French. How do people manage to understand a language in 8 months? Sometimes I wanna smack myself for even choosing that subject but never mind, ignore me and my rants. ANYWAY, thanks for reading! :D

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Five

-Train’s P.O.V-

Sebastian stood in front of his shelf and paced back and forth indecisively. I swear that he’s been in that position for almost twenty minutes now.

          “Just grab either one and let’s run already, we don’t have all day you know.” Mitch rolled his eyes.

          “Yeah, they’re all the same anyway.” I added.

          “No they are not.” Sebastian retorted. “I need to make sure that I’m choosing the one that can help us get in today!”

          “Sebastian, they’re drumsticks.”

          “Not all of them are lucky.”

          “Keep that up and we’ll run out of luck.” I said as I eyed the clock.

          “Fine.” Sebastian muttered, clearly unsatisfied, and hesitantly grabbed a pair of drumsticks decorated in blue and silver paint off the shelf. I don’t remember seeing Sebastian use that one, but it seems pretty used up if you asked me as some paint has worn off already.

          We finally managed to hop into the vehicle and took the road. I sighed, feeling relieved to know that we still had thirty minutes before our audition. I bet Des is already there an hour ago since she is so conscious of time. I just hope that she isn’t scratching again.

          We’ve been working on Misery Business like how Des has suggested, and it turned out really well. I haven’t seen Des into so much character before, probably because she does, after all, have someone to dedicate the song to.

          Let’s hope Gigi gets the message.

          The audition was held in school on a Saturday, and because we didn’t have any secrets to hide anymore now that everyone in the band knows about Des and her part-time job, we’re all really flexible with our band practices and we’ve been sweating our heads off in the studio room, replaying the whole thing over and over again until we ran out of steam.

          It was proof enough when the skin on our fingertips of all Mitch, Alan and mine were peeling off and cracking more and more each day. I think it got a bit rougher too. Sebastian, on the other hand, broke one of his drumsticks in the midst of practising when the tip of one of his stick snapped and flew across the room upon coming in contact with the bass drum at the slam. Des just kept draining water and did warm-down exercises to prevent muscle fatigue at her vocal chords, some exercises that I knew existed.

          In less than ten minutes we were already picking a parking spot in our school front yard and I have to admit, I felt a bit nervous. I wasn’t at all worried at any one of us in this band, everyone’s good, and I hope I’m good too, but I am nervous to meet our competitors. Although there aren’t a limited number of contestants for the competition, it is still pretty nerve-racking to know that you won’t be the only talented person there.