A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Twenty-One - Too close for comfort

Hey guys :D

Today I am dedicating this chapter to iLuvAngels (StarsWhisper), for being a fellow follower of mine since Unfabulously Pretty, and for following Heartbeat (A Simple Melody) too! Appreciate your reads and votes! :D

Thanks for reading :3

imperfectdreamer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-One

-Destiny's P.O.V-

"I'm home!" I sang happily as I hopped into the house.

          "Hi honey, you're early today." Mom greeted first.

          "Yeah, our teacher decided to dismiss us early." I beamed.

          "Well that's good, at least you have more time to rest before going to work. Dave seems pretty excited about it."

          "Mom, there's a cute girl there, of course I'm excited." Dave said while staring at his reflection. "Do you have any idea how cute she is?"

          "We will never know unless you bring her home." Mom said while washing her hands under the sink. "Okay, I'm off to the hawker stall now. Your dad will be here any time."

          Mom pecked both Dave and I on the cheek before dashing off with handfuls of noodles in her basket. Dave resumed styling his hair, probably just wanting to make a good impression on this so-called cute girl. I bet he doesn't even know her name.

          I've managed to arrange my working days with Meg so it won't clash with our practices, and thank goodness the guys were not suspicious about anything.

          It has been two weeks since I've been in the band, and so far we've been in practice for five times. The guys are incredibly talented, and I even found out that they even have a voice of their own. It's funny how Gigi never allowed the guys to sing back-up when they can.

          Over the weeks we've become really tight, me and the guys. It's quite predictable yet unpredictable at the same time, how they are always up to no good and never seem to run out of pranks for each other. I've seen both Alan and Train being pranked the most, probably because Sebastian and Mitch are more mischievous. Then again, Mitch has been pranking Sebastian quite often too, so I guess we all know who to nominate as best prankster in the universe.

         I'm lucky enough to be a girl, otherwise I would've been involved in the prank too, and something is telling me that I'm most likely to be the victim. It's scary to imagine the guys pranking a girl, but it's scarier to know the possibilities of that happening.

          I got changed into my work uniform and waited outside of the house with Dave who happens to be checking his reflection still, except this time instead of a mirror, he chose a window.

          "What, can't a guy look good?" he said defensively as I gave him one of my looks.

          "Dave, honestly, you still look the same after all that hairdo." I said bluntly.

          "You're just jealous because wax doesn't work for you." He smiled satisfying at his reply.

          "Whatever you say." I responded dryly.

          We waited for a few more minutes before Dad arrived. As usual, I tried my best to hide my face as I make my way into the restaurant. To be honest, after nearly three months of working here I'd thought someone would find out already, not that I'm complaining.