A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Twelve - Detention

Hey guys!! :D

Okay so, first of all special thanks to ilovebooksandstories for reminding me to upload today, because I have to admit, I forgot about it O_O sorry :P HEH. IN MY DEFENCE, I was busy... yeah well not really, but my mind wasn't functioning very well, so when I came online today I was literally like this: O_O all the time.

Hope to hear from you guys :) thanks for reading!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twelve

-Train's P.O.V-

"Detention!"

          Talk about second chances.

          The rest of the assembly didn't go as well as we'd hope it would. As soon as everyone vacated the hall we were summoned by Mr Crane to go forward and had to sit down and listen to a long lecture. The next thing we knew the old guy threw that one deadly word at us and left with his big belly.

          Now, as sad as it may sound (it is sad after all...) I'm being detained in college and my punishment is to stay back to wash the dishes. How very exciting.

          "Can anyone tell me why sponges have holes?" Mitch mumbled as he looks through the tiny spaces in between his sponge.

          "Because they're made that way." Des muttered.

          "C'mon Mitch, let's go wash dishes together!" Scarlett tugged Mitch by the arm and dragged him deeper into the kitchen.

          Mitch shoots me a helpless look and struggles to climb his way back but failed. Scarlett probably has tons of muscles being one of the best dancers after all, but it's still kind of embarrassing to lose to a girl in terms of strength. I shrugged and ignored the scenes behind me.

          As I began scraping the food off the plates I couldn't help but notice Des standing beside me hastily going through each plate with lightning speed.

          "Are you late for something?" I asked.

          "Yes as a matter of fact I am." She sighed slightly and reached for the next plate. "I'm late for work."

          "What work-" I paused midsentence. Des stood and looked straight at me with that worried expression on her face.

          "Not too loud, Mitch and Scarlett are here." She hissed. "You know about it."

          "Oh, that." I muttered. "I thought you only took the weekends?"

          "Well yeah but turns out we needed more so I took the weekday shift too." She left the dishes under running water and grabbed a sponge.

          I stood unresponsive and thought to myself. Just when I thought I was the one who needed the scholarship the most, turns out Des needs it as badly as I did. If I were to be in her position right now I don't know what I'd do.

          "Why aren't you cleaning?" she asked.

          "Oh." I snapped back to reality. "Sorry."

          "For what?"

          "For taking the scholarship."

          "Train." She smiled wryly. "We've been through this before, it's no one's fault that I didn't get it. Besides, one of us got it, so why bother right? Also, the sooner we get this done the sooner I'll get to work, and the sooner you'll get your tea."