A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Thirty-Eight - Thunder

Hey guys! :DDD

HAHAHA I'M JUST HAPPY THAT WE'RE IN THIS CHAPTER NOW. Just read on won't you? ;) I won't take away any more of your time. See you guys at the end of the chapter! xD

Thanks for reading!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Eight

-Train's P.O.V-

Okay, don't panic, it's just Des, don't...panic.

          I bit my tongue and hung my head as low as possible, trying not to appear suspicious at the same time. Meg made a huge fuss over Des' last day, which I can perfectly understand why. She threw a thirty-minute party for Des before we left and used up a box of tissue, giving a speech about how she'll never find a waitress like her again, which probably offended a few of the staff members there but that's a different story.

          "Man, I'm going to miss working there." Des said as we walked further down the street. "But I'll never miss their stuffy uniform."

          Now is my cue to say something. Say something.

          "I'll never drink the tea you make again." I choked. Nice try dude.

          "Aw, don't say that. It's not like I'll never make tea again, anyway." She said like it was so ridiculous. "I'll make sure to ring you up whenever I make some."

          "What, like a tea party?" I laughed.

          "With biscuits and fluffy teddy bears?" she smirked. "Then we might as well ask Mitch to tag along."

          The rest of the conversation continued on as normal, much to my relief. I was literally shaking but thanks to years of practice, hiding my emotions are no big deal. Something's wrong with me. Why am I so nervous? It's just Des.

          Right, just Des...and maybe that's why I'm so nervous.

          "Train?"

          "What?" I jerked.

          "Did you even listen to a thing I just say?" she folded her arms.

          "Uh..." I said dumbly. "Maybe?"

          She sighed and smiled wryly.

          "I asked you if you have any idea what to do now."

          "Oh." I said through gritted teeth. "Well, to be honest I have no idea. I just thought, you know, we should just walk around and explore the world a little bit..."

          "Explore the world? Seriously?" she stared. "Since when were you the adventurous type?"

         "Just a few seconds ago." I said smartly. Fine, so maybe it really wasn't that smart, but I was glad that I managed to come up with a reply.

          "Oh, I know what we can do." She snapped her fingers suddenly. "Do you love animals?"

          "Um, I think so." I shrugged uncertainly, taken aback by the random question.

          "Well, since we have a few hours to spare, we might as well go to the animal shelter."

          "Animal shelter?" I frowned.