A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Thirty-One - A Best-friend's Kiss

Hey guys :D

So anyway, WOOH, A SIMPLE MELODY IS UP FOR THE WATTY AWARDS 2012 (again :P sorry about that)!!! I know that I took it down from the competition last month, mainly because I was aiming to enrole my other story instead, but now I've decided to enrole this one :) Would appreciate your support guys, if there's any time for it, now would be good xD

Thanks for reading! <3

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-One

-Destiny's P.O.V-

The swelling died down on the second day and I was more than relieved to know that Meg doesn't mind me working with red arms. Since it's a public holiday today school was off and so was work, which means I get the entire day off doing whatever unimportant stuff that I want.

          I started off the day with my favourite cereal, only to realize that Dave had drank directly from the milk carton, which meant I'll be having dry cereal for the morning. Wonderful.

          "Hey don't blame me, I didn't know that you wanted cereal." Dave said blamelessly.

          We sat in the dining room with perfect silence, apart from the sound of me crunching my breakfast grudgingly. Dad decided to join us by jumping up and down excitedly as if he just watched Barney and Friends.

          "What's up Dad?" Dave asked.

          "No, what's down." My dad said and laughed at his own joke. I forced myself to laugh with him to save myself from hearing more.

          "What's that you're holding?" I asked while eyeing a giant envelope that he held.

          "This is exactly what I am excited about." Dad continued. "Your salary is here."

          "You mean the one from our part-time jobs?"

          "Yup!" Dad tore the envelope open hastily and joined us at the table. "This is what you guys earned this month."

          "Sweet." Dave began smelling the money as I gave him a look of disbelief. "It has that new money smell!"

          "Straight out from the bank." My dad winked as he handed me my portion. I have to admit, it felt pretty good to hold the money that you earned by yourself, it somehow feels better than getting it for free, although all this money will go to Dave's future college fees anyway.

          Apparently Dad wasn't done yet. He later proceeded to pull out another envelope, except it was opened this time, and much, much loaded than the one before. I gaped slightly at the size of it, wondering what those were.

          "This is what we have earned over the last six months." Dad placed the bag of money onto the table and sure enough Dave began digging through it.

          "Cha-Ching baby!" he hooted. "Wait, you mean this is what all of us made in total? Des and I?"

          "And the hawker stall of course." Dad added. "Business has been running very good lately, and we're talking about opening a new branch somewhere to earn more money."

          "That's great Dad." I beamed, suddenly forgetting about my breakfast. "So how much have we got in total?"

          "Let's find out."