A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Five - Uninvited

Hey guys! :D

Okay so, I'm having some probs choosing cast members for this story. Can any of you give me some suggestions? :P I'd appreciate it to the core! Actually, I already appreciate you for reading, I'd love you to bits if you vote or comment! xD thanks for reading and supporting guys! <3!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five

One word: awkward.

          "You have three classes to work on this, but I wouldn't slack off if I were you." Ms. Vanity warned. "Give me your best shot so I can evaluate on your current standard."

          Of all people, of all the other twenty-four living people here, why must I be working with Train Tanner, the quiet and overly reserved kid? Fine, not kid, but you get what I mean.

          I watched in admiration as the other groups started working and discussing with words already. I on the other hand have to think outside the box on how to even talk to this guy, seriously.

          "So..." I cleared my throat. "Hi."

          I sat there nervously and waited for his response.

          "Um, hi." he replied without looking at me. Oh gosh he replied; this is a miracle.

          "So you're one of the guys from the band, right?" I asked, starting with the obvious.

          "Pretty much." He shrugged, eyes still staring at the ground.

          "You play the guitar?" I asked as he nodded. "Okay." I muttered. This isn't getting us anywhere.

          You know what, forget about being normal, this is my first assignment in Dream Arts, my entire reputation depends on it. There is no way that I am going to let Train and this awkward moment ruin my chances of being the top, of beating Gigi because I bet everyone thinks she's the best, not that I can object to that.

          This seems more like a desperate moment than an awkward moment now.

          I decided to suck up my pride and start being talkative, in order to get things moving regardless of how stupid I'll look. I'm passionate about music, my parents worked so hard for me to get into this school; I'm not going to even give failure a chance.

          "So I'm sure you compose a lot of songs right? Any music and stuff like that?" I blurted hastily, feeling a little shaky for being bold for once, but I knew it was what I had to do.

          "One or two pieces." He said.

          "Well, that's good enough for me. Maybe we can try working your melody with the piano, are you okay with that idea?" I asked while immediately getting up to plug in my keyboard.

          "Whatever."

          Well, someone has got to break the ice and obviously it won't be him.

          "Actually, I think I'll have to listen to your melody first, you know, so I can have a rough idea and stuff." I said, calming down a little.

          "Now?"

          "I don't think we have a choice." I said helplessly.

          For the first time I actually saw him hesitate. It's surprising to know that this guy would still stop to consider doing something, since he seems to be the type who shrugs it off and just do it.