How You Met:- Rupaul

Working on the set of Rupaul's Drag Race was tiring but had its perks. Meeting the queens backstage, being in charge of the costumes,  helping the camera crew out. It was the dream. All my friends were jealous. And I loved it. I knew things before they aired and I met all the queens personally. I had never really met Ru. I had been in the same room as her but never spoke to her directly. I had never spent a lot of time with her as she was always busy rushing around and making sure everything was perfect. She was bossy when it came to preparing the show. Everyone had to be on their best behaviour and make sure that everything was the way she wanted. You had to be professional as well as know how to have fun.I was stood backstage sorting out a rail of clothes that had just been delivered to the set. I had the privilege of making sure every outfit was tailored to perfection. Placing them all neatly on to hangers and hooking them on to the rack. The outfits were supposed to be here yesterday but the delivery driver had mixed up the orders. I was in my own little world when I heard a voice from the side of me.

"Heads up. Ru's coming., She isnt In the happiest of moods. Those outfits were supposed to be in yesterday. At least its not my head she be after. " I turned to see one of the pit crew. He quickly whizzed past me out of the room. I shook my head. I wasn't scared of Ru. I couldn't see why everyone was. I heard the faint clip clopping of heels and ignored it. I carried on inspecting all the dresses. The sound grew closer and closer until I felt someone stand next to me. I didn't want to turn to see who it was. I think I already knew. I felt my head start to sweat. Oh shit.

"Miss (Y/S)?" It said. I turned and immediately felt intimidated. Ru stood there with her hands on her hips. Towering over me. Long , wavy, blonde, shimmering hair drifted around her shoulders and back. She wore a beautiful floor length gown with rhinestones. It was a dark purple colour. She was out of this world . Her makeup was painted so beautifully. It was like looking at a model on a magazine cover. Her silver necklace twinkled in the lights around us. I managed to look at her face and instantly began getting nervous. Her dark, brown eyes pierced in to my soul as she scowled.

"Are these the runway outfits for the girls?" She said in a quiet temper. Her hand reached out and pulled out one of the dresses on the rack. She gasped.

"Why have they not been sent on to the floor?" She said shocked . I didn't know what to say. Speechless and taken back I shrugged my shoulders. She huffed.

"I specifically said for these to be on the floor for the girls runway. I am not happy" She said with a harsh tone. She let go of the dress and it swung back in to place on the rack. I stood there like a school child being told off. It wasn't my fault the delivery driver had mixed up the orders.

"I-_ I am sorry. The, the delivery driver-_" I stammered. She put her hand up to stop me from speaking.

"If this is an excuse madam" She said quickly. She scared me a little and she lifted her right hand and pointed at me. I felt like a puppy having a row.

"Its not I assure you." I said talking over Ru. Her face turned in to resting bitch face as she glared at me. I began to sweat as she looked me up and down.

"The delivery driver sent the wrong delivery yesterday and these arrived about twenty minutes ago" I said trying to redeem myself. Ru's face went from a scowled, unhappy face to bright and glowing. 

"Oh I am so sorry. And you managed to unpack them and get them all on hangers before the runway. Girl. You deserve an award. " She said. She leant forward and touched my shoulder. I melted and felt honoured Rupaul was touching me. ME! I wanted to squeal like a fan girl. She smiled and I felt as ease.

"Thank you. My sincere apologies if it caused any trouble." I said sweetly. She laughed.

"It hasn't caused any problems. Yet" She grinned like a Cheshire cat. I now remember why she is so looked up to. Ru made dreams come true. She made mine by letting me work here.

"Can you make sure my girls are taken care of? They will probably be needing their cocktails" She said . She giggled slightly and left go of my shoulder. She stood up and straightened her dress. Without another word she walked away from me, heels clicking in to the floor and left the backstage area. I didn't know where to look. What to think. What to say. It was so nice to actually speak to her in person. I beamed from ear to ear. It wasn't the pleasantest of conversations but it sure felt good to be talking to her in person.