How You Met: Sasha Velour

"This club is really artsy so it is right up your street" My friend said as we entered a club I never even knew existed. It was quite far away from my home so I was a bit nervous being in a unfamiliar place. We walked down a set of stairs which lead in to the basement of the building. A pair of double doors were on the bottom. They didn't have windows so you couldn't see where they led. My friend held the handle of the door.

"You ready for this? This place is the hottest place in town right now" She said. She pulled open the door. The music and warmth hit me. There were people dancing around to pop music and old fashioned music from the 80's and some 90's. The walls were covered with pop art , paintings and different colours. Everyone was dressed in bright colours and wacky clothes. I felt underdressed as I looked down at my tight black dress and black heels. My friend giggled next to me as she looked at the confusion on my face. 

" Aw come on, this is totally your thing" She said taking my hand and pulling me further in to the club. Shania Twain blasting the speakers.

"Man, I feel like a woman!" My friend sung as she pulled me in to the midldle of the dancefloor. She began to twirl me around and spin me . I loosened up a little and began to feel a little more as ease. This place was totally my gig. The paintings. The music. The people. Everyone was having a good time. As my friend began to spin me again, my foot gave way and my heel buckled. My ankle touched the floor as I twisted my ankle. I managed to not fall but the pain really did strike.

"Are you Ok?" My friend shouted over the music.

"I need to sit down . You stay here. Ill be ok" I said leaning in to her ear so she could hear me. She gave me a thumbs up as a sign that she heard me. I slinked passed the dancers and hobbled to find a seat. I saw an empty seat up a few stairs at the back of the club. I limped over and sat myself down. I gritted my teeth as I took my shoe off to assess the damage of my foot. It was red slightly. I moved my foot up and down. Its not broken. That's something.

"Are you ok?" Said a voice. I turned to my side and was taken aback. A beautiful, bald woman with perfect painted makeup was sat next to me. Her white teeth gleamed through her red lipstick. She had a black crown sitting on her head and she wore small black sunglasses. Her black dress was very glittery.

"I think so , Uh , yeah , I think , I fell , well I sprained my ankle" I said nervously as she looked down at my foot. I was so mesmerized by her beauty I was muddling up my words. She bent forward an held my foot in her hand as she inspected my ankle.

"Looks like you have just twisted it. You be fine .You be back on the dancefloor in a few minutes" She said placing my foot on an empty chair that was next to me, elevating my leg. She looked back up at me. 

"I twisted it? I thought I did" I said pretending I knew what I had done. She laughed slightly.

"I'm Sasha " She said leaning closer to my face. The strong smell of perfume overwhelmed me. She was incredible. I had never seen anyone like her before. A few seconds passed with silence.

"And yours?" She said. I shook my head a little as I realised I hadn't answered her and there was that horrible awkward silence.

"Oh , Uh (Y/N)" I said awkwardly and nervously.

"Nice to meet you. Have you been here before?" She asked again.

"I haven't. First time here " I said. Her face still close to me to hear me speak.

"Ah a Virgin to this club" She said. I blushed a little as I felt her breath against my cheek. I just nodded.

"Its such an arsty place" She added. 

"Oh its beautiful. Its got my name written all over it " I said looking around and taking another look around at the walls and paintings. 

"And mine. I come here a lot of the time " She said over the music.

"Maybe next time we could go together ? I usually come here alone. I could do with the company. Especially of someone who likes their art" I smiled nervously. She wanted me to come here with her.

"Yes!" I answered without thinking. My heart thumped as I realised I didn't give her much of a chance.

"Awesome. Its a date " She said leaning back and looking out towards the room. Oh my god.Oh my god. The most beautiful woman I have ever encountered wants me to accompany here to this club again. How could I say no?