Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Samantha sat cuddled up next to Nick who had his hand over her stomach that had grown a bit since they had found out she was pregnant a month ago. Nick reached into the bowl of popcorn that sat on Samantha's lap and he kissed her cheek before eating the popcorn he had just taken from the bowl.

He began kissing her all over her face and she groaned, "Nick! I'm trying to watch the movie!" She said pushing him away so she could see. "You never kiss me anymore." He groaned and sat back in his spot while making a big scene of leaning back and getting comfortable. "You're so needy." She said annoyed and took the popcorn bowl off her lap and threw it on the coffee table in front of her and got up going to the kitchen.

"Why have you been so irritated lately? Everything I do is wrong and annoying...what do I have to do to make you happy?" Nick said desperately getting up from the couch and following Samantha into the kitchen, he grabbed her hands and kissed them gently. "Please tell me what to do. I just want you to be happy." He begged and she looked around and tears came to her eyes.

"It's not you at all sweetheart...everything bothers me. I'm sorry Nick." he wiped away her tears and hugged her. "My body feels so bad, like I feel like I got hit by a truck and I always have to throw up and my heart is always pounding so hard and fast..." She said and Nick came over to her and hugged her but she winced away, "My boobs hurt." She said turning and he held her from behind and his chin was placed gently in the crook of her neck. "I wish I could do something to help you." He said placing gentle kisses on her neck. "Me too...I just have to deal with it for now." She shrugged and turned to face him after getting out of his grip and holding his face in her hands.

"I love you so much." He said trying to kiss her but she held his face and laughed at his face and he smiled wide before she allowed him to kiss her. He kissed her with quick pecks at first and then deepened the kiss but he had to remember that he couldn't pull her in close to him cause that would hurt her, he wasn't sure if he could get used to her being pregnant.

"I love you too...Now can we plelase go back to watching that movie?" She asked glancing over his shoulder at the TV. He smiled and nodded before they headed back to the TV, "We should go on a vacation for a little bit." Nick suggested and Samantha looked at him.

"We both have work." Samantha said sighing, her new job had her working ridiculous hours and she could hardly keep up without stressing out, she even got acne on her face from all the stress. "Yeah but your boss would allow you to...she's your friend isn't she?" Samantha looked at him, it was true, her and her boss, May, had become good friends since she started working there and always told her if she needed a break she would allow her as much time as she wanted.

"Where would we go?" She asked cuddling into him, he smiled at her, "It'd be a surprise hmm?" He said looking down at her and smiling. "Sounds spectacular." She said and he smiled, his whole intention for the vacation was so that they would be alone without stress and be able to have fun together and he was also planning on proposing to her and making her his fiancé. He wanted to marry her but he didn't want to seem like he was asking because she was pregnant, so he put it off but he couldn't wait any longer. He needed her a hundred percent.

As the movie credits came on Samantha went to the kitchen and washed the empty popcorn bowl before beginning making them lunch. "Is a sandwich with chips okay?" She asked him pulling out the items, "Perfect." He said coming into the kitchen and grabbing a root beer soda can from the refrigerator. He watched her as she put together two sandwiches and then opened two small bags of chips and poured them onto the plates equally.

"I only hope I can keep this down." She said with a faint smile appearing on her face. He grabbed his plate and she grabbed hers and they went back to the couch and cuddled up as she picked out a new movie for them to watch. Today was a event free day for Nick so he came home early and decided that they should watch a bunch of movies together.