Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The moon had already awoken, the tall office buildings lights were on illuminating the New York streets. In a particular building there was music resounding and echoing for all to hear. A smooth singer on the stage caused people to look at her and wander closer to hear her soothing voice. People danced on the massive dance floor inside the fancily decorated place.

It was another annual Motorworks celebration, another year full of success. Samantha stood in a long black dress with one sleeve going down her right arm. In her left hand was a cold, sparkling glass of champagne. Her hair was beautifully curled and brought out her dark brown eyes. Her facial features were to die for, with her smooth looking chocolate brown skin, full brick colored lips, and a gorgeous white smile that played on her lips when a hand touched her back getting her attention. Her curls did not move as she turned around to face the person who had just touched her.

"Congrats for another wonderful year." Jax said clinking his glass against her glass and they both drank to that. When she placed her glass down on a waiters tray she looked anxious and nervous.

"Boss tomorrow MarxCars is going to be confirming or denying our deal offer. And I guess I'm nervous about it, I can't enjoy the party...would it be okay if I take off?" she hoped he would say yes, she had to be in the office by six-thirty in the morning and it was already ten o'clock.

"Yeah, I don't want you to stress yourself." He answered and she let a small sigh escape her lips and she thanked him. She grabbed her small clutch purse and held it in her hand tightly. She walked out of the building rather quickly, sleep was begging her to hurry home. She walked down the sidewalk looking for a taxi but gave up and decided to walk. She walked down a few blocks and reached her large apartment complex.

Lights lit her face as she approached the main center of the complex. She got inside an empty elevator and pressed the gleaming yellow button marked twelve. As she waited she took out her black iphone five. She opened the work email to see if Marxcars, the largest company in the united states, had responded. But to no avail, no new messages made Samantha sigh again. This whole thing stressed her out because her boss counted on her for the deal to go through. The elevator door opened and she got out and slumped to her apartment numbered six-hundred and three.

The blinds for all the windows were open letting in the city's bright lights. Samantha closed hte door and locked it behind her. She turned on some lights after closing her blinds. She slumped into her bedroom and removed her high-heels and long black dress. She used a make-up wipre and quickly but effectively removed every drop of make-up.

Then she washed her face and brushed out her curls. She grabbed her night cap and put it on her hair so that way it looked nice in the morning. Then grabbed a toothbrush and put toothpaste on it, after a few minutes of scrubbing and flossing, she finished and finally escaped from her bathroom. She opened her closet and came face to face with her NSU's, rminding her of the years she spent in the navy right after high school. She gently pushed it aside and hung her dress and neatly placed her heels next to it. She closed her closet and opened a drawer pulling out her pajamas. She pulled them on and turned off the lights, she slowly slumped to her bed. As soon as her head met the pillow she was gone.

A sharp sound awoke Samantha, she was surprised by the sharp yelping of her hello kitty alarm clock. She hit snooze and turned off the alarm. She moaned glaring at her clock that read five o'clock. She pushed off the covers and went into her kitchen rubbing her eyes. She grabbed the coffee maker and plugged it in. She put in the coffee and water and watched as it created the coffee. When the coffee was finished she poured it into her favorite coffee cup and added sugar, creamer, and milk. She then completed her usual routine.