Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 Samantha unlocked her apartment exhausted from late nights at work. It had been a long, drawn out two weeks and this was the first time all week that she had gotten home at a decent hour. 

Her and Nick hadn't talked much that week but whenever they did, it made up for the few days that they hadn't talked to each other. She yawned and went into her room. She hadn't worn makeup all week because she'd just come home adn sleep. She changed into her pajamas and got ready for bed. 

She grabbed her iphone and got herself settled into her bed, she was on Instagram when she suddenly got a call from Nick. 

"Hello?" She answered with a small smile on her face, "What's your apartment number?" He asked non-chalantly. 

"Apartment six hundred." She answered, "Why?" She asked but was disrupted by a knock on her door. She smiled again and jumped out of bed. She swung open the door and saw Nick standing there with a bouqet of red roses. 

"Hello." He said looking her over, even in pajamas she looked amazing to him. 

"Hi...come in." She said moving out of his way. He came in, he was wearing his usual suit and his hair was gelled back neatly. 

"Are you hungry? I can make you something."  She offered, closing the door gently. She turned around and he was right in front of her. "That would be great." He said, his eyes weighing her down. "Okay." She smiled a small smile and as she was about to head to the kitchen, Nick hugged her quickly and she hugged him back. 

"I missed you." He said taking in her sweet smell, "It's been too long." He said letting her go, he wanted to kiss her but this time he wanted her to ask him to kiss her. Usually, he would have kissed her if he wanted but she was changing him, he wanted her to want him to kiss her. 

She smiled wondering why he hadn't kissed her yet. She went into the kitchen and went to a dark brown wooden cupboard. She opened it and pulled out a box a pasta and placed it on the counter. Then she went to her fridge and pulled out pasta sauce, ground beef, and some spices to put in the ground beef. She took out a few pans and began cooking.

Soon Samantha was cuddling next to Nick as the food was finishing up. "It's been so stressful...I hate tax season..." He whispered, his voice tired and cracked. "Me too." She said before turning around and facing him. She touched his face, "You look tired." She said running her fingers gently down his cheek.

He shuddered at her electric touch, his eyes met hers and she smiled, a small smile. "Kiss me please." She said nervously. "Gladly." He answered and kissed her slow and passionately. She loved how he was savoring their kiss, his hands held her face gently and his thumb slightly rubbed her cheek.

She pulled away and he looked disappointed, she smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I'm gonna go check on the food." She said and he nodded and ran his hands down her face and watched her get up. He closed his eyes and she looked back at him, he looked gorgeous.

His tie was loosened around his neck, his lips were slightly parted, and his dark hair was now not as gelled back as it was before. He looked angelic. Samantha stopped looking at him and went into the kitchen. The meat sauce for the pasta was done and all she had to do was drain the pasta.

She drained the pasta quickly and she turned off the stove. She grabbed two plates from the cupboard  and she filled the plates with steaming pasta, meat sauce, and vegetables that she decided to cook at the last minute. 

she took out some bread rolls and heated them up in the oven and when they finished she added them to the plate. She felt Nick some up behind her, "Smells amazing." He said as she grabbed two cups from the counter.