Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Samantha sat at her desk tapping her pen against her computer's keyboard. She couldn't wait for her lunch break because Nick had texted her and said that he couldn't wait to see her and  they decided to have lunch together.

Samantha looked at the clock and jumped up. She went to Jax's office and told him she was heading out for lunch. He smiled and nodded before she left. She grabbed her purse and went to the bathroom.

She looked over herself, she was wearing a cream colored lace dress with a brown belt around her waist, and matching earrings. Her hair was tied up in a neat high ponytail and she wore light makeup.

She looked just right and she left heading to her car in the parking lot. She drove off and grabbed her phone out of her purse.

She dialed Nick's number and he answered, "Hello my lovely lady." Nick answered, "Are you going to tell me where we're meeting?" She said smiling.

"Meet me at my office." He said before hanging up. Samantha smiled, "That man..." She shook her head as she went in the direction of MarxCars. She arrived rather quickly and locked her car and she walked into the building and went to the front desk.

"Hello...what floor does Mr. Marx work on?" The woman looked up at her and smiled. "He's on the tenth floor." Samantha nodded and went to the elevator doors.

She got into the empty elevator an pressed the button for the tenth floor. Nick didn't tell her anything, she had no idea where they were going for lunch.

When the elevator stopped it rang and she got out and made her way over to his office. She heard his voice and stood outside the door so she could hear if it was something that she shouldn't interrupt.

"She's gorgeous and she should be here soon. Ugh...What do I say to her? I don't want to sound retarded." Nick said causing Samantha to smile, "Well listen dude...if she's going out with you she must see something in you...do t stress yourself." Another man's voice responded.

Samantha took a breath and stepped into the room, "Oh Samantha! You're here...great!" He laughed nervously as his hand accidentally slid papers off his desk. "No!" He said grabbing the papers off the ground and putting them back on his desk.

The other man smiled at Samantha, "Hi nice to meet you. I'm Alex...this kids older brother." He pointed at Nick. Alex was taller than Nick, had dark brown eyes, brown hair, and a dimpled smile. They looked similar but no
doubt Nick was more attractive.

"I'm Samantha." She answered nicely. "Well I better get going and Nick...Play it cool." He whispered the last part before leaving then alone.

"Can I please know where we're going?" She asked pouting.

"Not yet...you'll find out when we get there." He grabbed his suit jacket.

"Let's get going." He grabbed her hand and led her out of the office. They walked to the elevator and he pressed the garage button because his car was parked there.

"Where did you live before you came here?" He asked curiously. "I lived in Florida for a while then I moved here." She shrugged, her life was never interesting.

"What did you do after high school?" He asked as the elevator door opened. "Well I didn't have a plan and I was in an ROTC program and decided to just join the Navy. Then after I served four years I went to Florida and I found a job at Starbucks and one day Jax walked in, he was my boyfriend in high school. Then he gave me the job I have now." Nick nodded as they reached his car.

He ran around to her side and Ilene the door for her. "Thanks." She said smiling at him and sliding into the car. He closed the door and ran around to his side and got in. He started the car and drove off, he was going to take her tithe new, really nice restaurant that just opened last month.

Samantha looked at him excitedly, "What about you? Where did you live before here? And what'd you do after highschool?" She said making him smile,
"Well, I've lived in California my whole life and after high school I inherited the family business after my dad died that year. I did online college. Alex was supposed to inherit it but my father said I was the only one capable of running the company. Then I met my ex, Nicole, and we dated for a year but she became obsessed with me and still is but I think I like someone new." He looked over at her and she smiled wider.

He parked his car and got out, he ran around the other side and opened the door for her. He put out his hand awaiting her hand, "Your highness." He said causing her to giggle and she placed her hand in his.

He pulled her up and he closed the door after her. She looked up excitedly at the large fancy looking resturant he had brought her to. "It's brand new...one of my old friends owns this place." He said squeezing her hand. It had been two weeks since the celebration party and Samantha and Nick texted and facetimes non-stop like love sick puppies.