Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Samantha sat next to Nick and was holding his hand gently. He had tears in his amazing blue eyes and they spilled over gently running down his cheeks.

He was dressed in a nice black suit and had a matching black tie and black dress shoes. His jet black hair was gelled back and he wore a grim expression.

Samantha wore a knee length black dress and black pumps. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail and she wore minimum makeup. Nick squeezed her hand nervously as two men dressed in black rolled out the large polished coffin.

Nick's family was crying and sobbing, Samantha had tears welling in her eyes. She felt bad for Nick, he had lost both his parents by the age of twenty-five. He wiped away a few tears that were quickly replaced with new tears.

The funeral was outside and it seemed that even the weather was gloomy. The clouds had hidden the sun and only dark clouds and shadows were upon them. The priest began talking and soon it was Nick's time to talk about his mother. He placed a soft kiss on the top of Samantha's hand before going up to the large wooden podium were a microphone was.

"Hey everyone, I just want to uh take some time to talk about my mom. Um...My mom worked a lot when I was in high school but after my dad died she started to spend more time at home with me. Alex had already gone to college and I was always mad at her. I made everything hard for her and she would always say I don't blame you and she would always tell me she loved me. Now she's gone...I wish I had been nicer to her, I wish I could've spent more time with her, I wish I could hug her and tell her how much I love her and I'm sorry for how I acted. I'm gonna miss her alot, I already do. I love you mama..." He said crying in between parts, Samantha wished she could run up to him and hold him until he stopped crying.

Everyone clapped as he left the podium and came back to Samantha's side. He buried his face into his hands and cried heavily. Samantha rubbed his back gently trying to calm him down but he just kept crying.

The priest spoke some more and a choir sung a couple of songs and then the family followed the two men dressed in black that carried her coffin to her burial site which wasn't too far from where they had her funeral.

The priest made a very emotional speech about life and death as they lowered the coffin into the ground. The two men that had been carrying the coffin now held two shovels and they began covering her coffin with dirt. Family members began sobbing and Nick turned and buried his head into Samantha's neck. She rubbed his back gently as he sobbed against her, she felt tears falling quickly down her cheeks as well.

The funeral ended soon and they walked over to Aunt Cleo's car, everyone that rode in the car was sobbing and crying. Samantha decided to drive because she was crying but not as hard as everyone else, Nick sat next to her in the passenger seat to direct her back to the house.

When they arrived, everyone walked into the house solemn and had tears in their eyes. Nick held Samantha's hand as they made it inside of the large mansion. It had started drizzling earlier and now it was pouring, they had arrive back just on time.

Lawyers had already read her will earlier that day before the funeral. Nick inherited three-quarters of her profit as Alex inherited the rest. She had clearly favored Nick, whom offered to split it equally with his brother.

Everyone was too upset to eat anything so everyone broke off to their rooms. Nick untied his tie and unbuttoned his black dress shirt. He sat down on the bed and threw off his dress shirt, Samantha picked it up along with his tie and hung them neatly in his closet. He buried his face into his hands and let out a deep breath.

"Come here." He said to Samantha looking up at her with gentle eyes, she walked over to him and he took her hands in his as she stood before him. She squeezed his hands and came closer, she took her hands out of his and ran her fingers through his dark, gelled hair. He closed his eyes as her hands held his face gently. She was now closer, his head was pressed comforatbly against her stomach.