Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Samantha sat at her computer distracted by her thoughts. She shouldn't have let Nick off the hook so quickly. She sighed thinking about why he would lie to her about going to a meeting when he was actually going out with Rae and then come running back crying, what did he expect?

"Hello? Earth to Samantha..." Jax waved his hand in front of her face and she looked at him quickly. "Oh uh yes?" She asked and he looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Trouble in paradise?" He asked pulling a chair from another desk to where he was sitting in front of her desk. "Um, I don't know." She said sighing and running her fingers through her hair.

"What happened?" He asked and she looked at him determining if she should tell him, "You can trust me ya know." He said offering her a smile. She trusted him with alot, he was a close friend of hers, they knew everything about each other considering they had dated for a while.

"Well yesterday Nick was at my place cause he slept over and when my alarm rang he rushed out saying he had to go to a meeting and then he didn't text me or call me all day and he called me that night and said he was coming over. He came and told me he lied and didn't go to a meeting, he went to go see his ex cause she asked him to show her around town and then she kissed him." Samantha had tears lacing her eyes and Jax shook his head.

"He should have told you about the text and see how you would feel about it." Jax said reaching out and placing his hand over hers gently. She tried to give him a smile but failed as tears fell from her eyes.

He rubbed her hand gently and it hurt his heart to know she was hurt in some way. He wished he was the one to comfort her and love her but she made it clear her feelings for him were gone.

"I don't know what to do...I feel like if I don't do something I'm going to lose him to his ex." She said pulling her had from his to wipe her tears. "I'm sorry, I'm a mess." She said making him shake his head. "Just talk to him and tell him how you feel. You're not a mess, I love listening to you." He said feeling like he was so far away from her.

"Thanks." She said standing up and he stood also, she offered him a hug and he gladly accepted. He wrapped his arms around her gently and pulled her in. He felt sparks erupt through him, he couldn't help still loving her. He held her and closed his eyes knowing it had to end, she pulled back and gave him a smile.

He gave her a nod before she walked by him and went to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror, luckily she wasn't wearing too much make-up so she didn't have any mascara streaks.

She wiped her tears with a paper towel and fixed up her make-up. She went back to her desk and Jax was in his office. She was grateful that she could vent to him, she looked at her desk then back at Jax who was typing away on his computer. She went to his office and knocked on the glass that made his office visible to the outside people.

He looked up and his light brown eyes bore into her eyes. "Yes?" He asked still looking at her, "Wanna go get lunch with me?" She asked and a smile snaked at the corner of his lips.

"Sure...I'll drive." He said getting up. She nodded as he walked past her, she quickly followed him. She just needed someone to talk to, she grabbed her phone off her desk as they headed out.

They went down the elevator to the lobby and he guided her to his car which shone under the gleam of the sun. "What do you feel like eating?" He asked as he opened the door for her and closed it after her.

He ran around to his side and hopped in, buckling his seat belt. "I'm in the mood for a burger." She said making him smile, when they were in high school she was always in the mood for a burger when she had a bad day. "You didn't even have to ask." She said when he smiled at her, "I didn't know if your food choice changed." He answered as he drove them to a burger joint.