Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A week had passed since the return to California, both Nick and Samantha were crammed with work and they only had some time to call each other.

"Ugh...I need to see you." Nick said into the phone as he set his feet up on his desk, he could tell she was smiling just by the tone in her voice. "Then come see me." She answered making him smile wider, just hearing her voice had him on the edge of heaven.

"You know I can't...I have two more meetings and it's already ten-thirty." He said sighing of exhaustion. "I just left now...I should leave you to your work. Love you." She said letting out a tired sigh, "Love you too Princess." He said before they hung up and he took in a deep breath before swinging himself up onto his feet. He fixed his hair before heading to his meeting room, there were men from other companies gathered in there, joking and drinking water. They silenced as he entered the room, "No need to be so serious, let's get this over with so we can get home." The other men relaxed and nodded in agreement with him.

One of the businessmen looked at the picture that Nick had on put on the table a week ago, it was a collage of pictures of him and Samantha. The man looked at him with questioning eyes and then he looked back down at his papers. "Is that your girlfriend?" The man asked after a few long seconds, Nick couldn't help the smile growing on his face as he thought of her.

"Yes...She's amazing." He said tapping his pen against the folder in front of him. The man nodded and smiled, "She's pretty...How'd she get with a guy like you?" Nick looked at him and raised an eyebrow cockily. "You know...I got game." He said making the men laugh.

They went over papers and signed new contracts, they ended up finishing rather quickly. The men filed out and Nick stayed in the room and as soon as the men were out of sight he grabbed the picture of him and Samantha and ran his fingers over the picture. He wanted to see her desperately, he dug out his phone and called the company that was his next meeting and cancelled.

He wanted to surprise Samantha, he ran down quickly to the car garage and found his car. He drove to her apartment complex and when he got there he headed up to her apartment. Hopefully she wasn't asleep. He made it in front of her door right before it swung open to reveal Jax who smirked at him. "Hello there..." Jax said before Samantha came up behind him and gave Nick a wide grin.

"Nick!" She said excitedly pushing Jax out of the way and hugging him, Nick hugged her back and his heart raced in his chest but a question lingered in his mind. Why was Jax there? When they pulled apart, Jax was no longer in the hallway.

"Why was he here?" Nick asked jealousy, she smiled a small smile and turned around, she could tell he was jealous and that made her happy to know that he cared.

"I had to give him a file, I left it here so he gave me a ride home and picked it up and just left now." Nick nodded and she giggled, "You are so cute when you're jealous." She said before turning on her heel.

"Jealous? Pfftt...Who said anything about being jealous?" He said trying to make himself forget the pang of hurt he got when conclusions came running through his mind about why Jax was there. He followed her into her apartment and spun her around once they were inside, "Yes I was jealous, it happens to the best of us." He said wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close to him. Her chest against his made him blush and she bit her bottom lip nervously.

He smiled before claiming her lips, she kissed him back quickly and he smiled, "How i've missed your kisses." He said with his eyes still closed. She giggled, "Wanna spend the night?" She asked non-chalantly.

He bit his bottom lip and tried to contain a smile, "Yes my love." He said kissing her lips again, this time she pulled him closer into her and she could feel his heart pounding hard in his chest as they kissed which made her smile. "I love you." He said in between kisses and she responded with a soft moan. She ran her fingers through his hair and he pulled her even closer, a sheet of paper couldn't go between them.