Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Samantha awoke to the sound of her phone ringing, her dark hair was a mess and covered her face. She moved around and realized that she had fallen asleep on the couch and the TV was still running. She moaned and shut off the TV and grabbed her phone quickly.

"Hello?" She said grogilly, "Samantha where are you?" Jax asked sounding worried.

"I'm coming...I fell asleep on the couch yesterday and I guess I didn't wake up." Jax sighed, "I was worried because you're never late. Um...you don;t have to come in today just make sure the last things of the party are set." He answered.

"Okay...Everything is set and Mr. Marx should know the address becuase I emailed it to him.

"Alright see you tonight." Jax whispered into the phone, "I miss you" He said after a moment. "Jax please don't do this." She answered quietly.

"Sorry...I'm sorry." He said sadly and hung up. Jax always told her how much he missed her and wanted her back. She threw her phone back onto the table and fell back asleep.

Samantha woke up to a knock on her door, Samantha rolled off the couch and fixed her hair tieing it into a messy bun.

"Yes?" She opened her door to reveal Jax. She sighed and let him in, "Hey" He said sitting down on her couch like he had been to her house so many times. "What color is your dress?" He asked her randomly. "Navy blue" She answered getting a cup from her cupboard and filling it with ice cold water from her fridge.

"Want some?" She offered him a glass of water and he shook his head, "No i'm fine." He answered. She shrugged and sat beside him, "Can I escort you to the party tonight?" He asked and she looked at him and he was nervously rubbing his hands together.

"Sure...but don't get any ideas." She said smling causing him in return to smile. "Awesome! I'll pick you up around seven." He said buzzing with life. Suddenly his phone vibrated and he answered it quickly.

"Hell Mr. Marx." He said calmly and seriously. "Yes..mhm...yes you can bring a date." They hung up rather quickly. "I've gotta go...see you later." Jax said hugging Samantha by her door. He looked into her eyes and kissed her on the cheek before slipping away. "Bye!" She waved and went back inside her apartment, she was hungry and needed something to eat. She went into the kitched and opened her refridgerator, she saw the left over soup she had made yesterday and grabbed the pot and put in on the stove, reheating it.

After it was done heating up she pured some into a bowl. She ate and went to her room, she brushed her teeth and washed her face. She took out her bun and her long dark brown hair fell loosely around her. She brushed it and went into the living room area to watch more TV. She found nothing to watch and she decided to go to the library.

She grabbed her keys and left her apartment, she of course, locked the dorr behind her then headed down the stairs to the garage. When she got down she easily found her Nissan Altima. She unlocked it and got in, she put on her seatbelt and started her car. She sped off and went in the direction of the library.

She made it within five minutes, she parked perfectly and quickly hopped out of her car. She went inside and went to the young adult section. She browsed through a few books and decided on borrowing one book. It was a book she had read numerous times. She checked it out and went back to her car.

It was getting dark now, the party would be starting in an hour. Jax was probably going to be at her house earlier than seven. She drove home and quickly went into the elevator, she made it to her apartment and threw her keys and book on her kitchen counter. She went into her room and took off her clothes. She jumped in the shower and she used her fruity smelling body wash. She finished and put on her matching lotion.

Samantha came out of the bathroom with her towel wrapped around her. Her dark hair was pinned up messily. While she was putting on her dress she felt the urge to listen to music and she went to her iPhone and plugged it into her radio and blasted 'Burn' By Ellie Goulding.

"Fire, fire ,fire and we gonna let it burn, burn, burn." Samantha sang off pitch along with the song. Ellie Goulding was her favorite artist and she had her songs always stuck in her head.

Samantha had her long navy dress on and she was putting on her jewelry. She hummed to the song as she put on her black eyeliner and mascara. She grabbed her make-up bag and took out her chapstick and put some on. She put everything away and unpinned her hair. She grabbed her brush and brushed through it.

She sprayed in some hairspray to keep it wavy like it looked. She heard her door being knocked on, "Coming!" She yelled grabbing her shoes and sliding into them. She ran to the door and opened it to reveal yet again, Jax. He was dumbfounded by her beauty and he just stared at her, basking in her beauty.

"You look beautiful tonight." Jax said handing her a bouquet of red roses, "Thank you." She answered smiling and accepting the roses. Jax wore a navy blue tie and a nice suit. His hair gelled back neatly making him look even more handsome. She found a vase and placed the bouquet neatly inside after putting water inside it. "Ready?" He asked her, "Yes...but first I have to go turn off my radio." She smiled and went into her room and turned off her radio and came back out to where Jax awaited her.

He led her to his luscious black mercedes and opened the car door for her. When she sat and put on her seatbelt he closed the door and ran around to his side and got in and put on his seatbelt.

"Here...I got you a little something since your birthday is coming up soon." He smiled shyly and grabbed a small black box. She opened it to reveal a pair of gorgeous emerald earrings. "They're amazing!" She gasped quickly, she closed the box and put it in her purse. "Thank you so much." She said meeting his friendly eyes.

He didn't move away his eyes. He didn't move away his eyes, his eyes were full of love and wanting for her. She scrunched her eyebrows, knowing she'd never feel the same way about him. "Jax." She whispered as he leaned in to kiss her. "Why do you keep rejecting me?" She felt his warm breath against her lips.

"Because I no longer have feelings for you." She pulled away and looked away from him. "That hurts." He said pulling back into his seat and starting the car. He drove off and she looked at him. His hand clutching the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were turning white.

"I'm sorry." She said placing her hand over his causing him to relax and loosen his grip. He released his right hand from the wheel and held her hand gently. "When will I get over you?" He wondered aloud. "When you learn to let go of the past." She answered as they arrived in the parking lot of the building.

"We're here." He said unbuckling his seat belt, he got up and ran around to her side and opened the door for her.

"Thanks." She said smiling at him, many people were filling the building. Women wore elegant dresses and men wore suits with various colored ties. Jax locked up his car and led Samantha inside, the caters were walking around offering small snacks and drinks. Samantha looked around and saw a very important looking man around her age standing with many people shaking his hand and smiling at him. "That's Nick Marx." Jax whispered into her ear.

She looked at him absorbing his wonderful features, he had smooth looking black hair which was gelled back neatly, he had nice pink lips, a perfect white smile, and nice tanned skin. But what attracted her to him was his crystal blue eyes that sparkled when he smiled.

"I'll introduce you." Jax said leading her towards Nick. "Yo Nick!" Jax said greeting him, "My man Jax. I haven't seen you in a while." Nick said patting his back. Then Jax introduced Samantha, "This is Samantha Knightly...she was the one contracting you." Nick looked up expecting to see an older women considering how educated she sounded through her emails. He looked at her and was mesmerized.

The way her lips were slightly parted made him want to kiss her, she had deep brown eyes, and her chocolate skin made her look so smooth. Her wavy hair framed her beautiful face perfectly.

"H-hi nice to meet you Samantha." Nick stuck out his hand nervously, she took it firmly and shook it. "I'm looking forward to working with you." He said showing off his teeth.

Her heart pounded hair in her chest, "Same here." Jax answered for her, he grabbed her hand and gently and nodded at Nick. "Talk to you later." Jax said leading her away.

"I don't like the way he looked at you." Jax whispered into her ear.

"What are you saying?" She asked pulling away from him.

"Nothing...dance with me my love." Jax responded pulling her into the slow dance. Quickly people followed behind them, dancing slowly.

Nick looked at where Samantha was dancing with Jax, instantly he knew that Jax loved her but by the uncomfortable look on her face, she wasn't feeling the same way. Actually to him she looked miserable as Jax's face held love.

Nick's eyes looked at her, her eyes roaming the room before finally meeting his eyes.

She sent him a small smile his way to make sure Jax couldn't see. Nick stood from his chair and made his way through the dance floor. As soon as he was about to ask for a dance from Samantha, Nicole came running up to him.

"Hey baby...I haven't seen you in so long." She said flipping her brunette hair over her shoulder. "Nicole we broke up two months ago...can you please leave me alone?" He said annoyed as she ran her hand down his chest.

"Stop." He said disgustedly and removed her hand from him. "Nicky...just come back to me and I'll show you a good time." She whispered rubbing herself against him.

"Never." He said jumping away from her and running to a group of co-workers. "Hey Nick." A tall man greeted him.

Nick had dated Nicole for a year but she became super clingy and called him almost every five minutes. If he didn't answer she would accuse him of cheating. He dealt with it but then it just got worse, she wanted to accompany him everywhere and when he broke up with her she laughed and acted like he was still hers.

Now he was beginning to resent her, he didn't want anything to do with her. When he lost sight of her he quickly made his way through the dance floor once again.

He tapped Jax on the shoulder, "May I cut in?" Nick asked and regrettably Jax allowed him. Samantha let out a sigh as the song changed to an even slower sing, it was a romantic song.

"Thanks for saving me." She whispered as they began dancing.

"No problem." Nick whispered against her ear making her smile. "Hey -"Samantha, I know we just met and this might be unprofessional but would you like to go out sometime?" His breath warm against her ear. She smiled wide and placed her head on his shoulder.

"I would love to." She said, "Great!" he said rather loudly making them both laugh. Unfortunately the song ended and an uptempo song came on. "I'll go get us some drinks." Nick said leaving for a moment and returning with two champagne glasses.

"Here...cheers." He said handing her a glass and clinking their cups together. "Thank you." She said before drinking from her cup.

He admired her as he sipped from his cup, as he was about to speak his phone rang. "Sorry, I have to get this." He said grabbing his phone and walking out of the building.

Jax walked over to Samantha and looked at her before speaking. "What was he telling you?" His voice coated with jealousy.

"Nothing that concerns you." She said rudely. "Was he flirting with you?" He asked getting more agitated. "Maybe." She smiled a small smile.

She placed her empty glass down, "I knew he would try something." Jax said clenching his fists. "Calm yourself, Jax. All he did was ask me to dinner." His eyes widened at the fact that the girl he loved was being asked out by another man.

"And what did you say?" He asked even though he knew she didn't love him. He loved her and inside he was really jealous.

"I said yes." She answered walking away from him. But to him it felt like she was slipping away. Samantha was tired if him acting like he owned her. She could date whoever she wanted without being interrogated.

Nick came back into the building and didn't see Samantha right away. She waved him over when he finally saw her.

"There you are...I thought you left without giving me your number." He pulled out his black iPhone 5s and unlocked it using the fingerprint scan.

"This is my personal phone so you don't have to be as formal." He smiled and handed her his phone. She put in her number and sent herself a text message.

"There...I left my phone at home but I sent myself a text so I can save your number." She smiled.

"I can't wait to take you out...I know the perfect place for the perfect girl." She smiled and felt her cheeks heating up.

"Anyways I'll call you but I must get going. Business inquiries..." He said biting his bottom lip, wishing he didn't have to go to a last second meeting. "But i'll see you very soon." He smiled an amazing white smile and kissed her cheek gently and left as she said a breathless goodbye.

The party soon died down and the cleaning crew came. Jax awaited Samantha as she left tips for every worker. "Thanks so much!" she smiled and waved to the co-workers.

"You seem happy tonight." Jax said opening the door for her. "Oh I am." she whispered thinking about Nick's light blue eyes.

Jax drove her home and said 'goodnight' before speeding off. She made it back to her apartment and opened the door, closing it behind her.

She let out a breath and took off her shoes. She walked into her bedroom and changed into her silk pajamas.

She went into the bathroom and took out a makeup cloth and wiped away her makeup. She brushed her teeth and when she finished she went back into her room.

She grabbed her phone and saw Nick's number and she saved it onto her contacts. She couldn't wait to have dinner with him. She smiled at the thought and yawned.

She got into her comfortable queen size bed and fell asleep.