Chapter 19

Samantha awoke sweating, she gasped and looked all around the room and she reached for Nick's side of the bed but realized he hadn't come home last night.

She sighed and layed back in bed, "Nightmare?" Nick's voice startled her, she looked over at the bathroom where he stood leaning against the doorframe. "You're here?" She asked and he looked at her in confusion, "I thought you were sleeping at your office..." She said and he laughed.

"No, I haven't done that since before I dated you. When I got back you were dead asleep so I carried you up and laid with you. It was like threeish" He said laughing, "What?" She asked and he raised an eyebrow. "What exactly was your dream about?" He asked and she explained about how she dreamed that he cheated on her with Rae and said he wasn't going to come home until the next morning.

"That's a wild dream...maybe it's a pregnancy thing." He said and crawled back into bed with her. He cuddled up against her, "I wouldn't cheat on you ever...I promised I'd never hurt you again. You shouldn't dream about things like that." He said and she turned to face him.

"I know..." She said and he kissed her forehead. "I'm so nervous to meet your parents tomorrow. What if they don't like me?" He asked and she giggled and hugged him tightly. "They'll love you!" She said and he smiled and held her back just as tightly as she hugged him.

"Thanks...that makes me feel so much better." He said and quickly kissed her lips gently. She kissed him back, "Oh, When's your appointment?" He asked between kissing her. She smiled and kissed him before speaking. "Tomorrow...after my parents." She said before kissing him and he quickly pulled away.

"Do they know you're pregnant?" He asked and she shook her head. "They'd kill you if I told them I was pregnant before they met you...We'll just keep that a secret." She said and he let out a stressed breath. "You know it's like two in the morning...we should get back to sleep." He said and she agreed.

"Goodnight." He said and got more comfortable in his spot and she did the same before falling asleep again. Hoping this time she didn't dream about something wild.

"I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day." Nick sang as he came into the room with a tray full of breakfast. "I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way. My girl, my girl. Talking about my girl." He continued as Samantha yawned and sat up with a smile on her face.

"You're crazy!" She said as he placed the tray in front of her. There was a plate of steaming eggs, bacon, sasuage, and a bowl of fruit with a glass of orange juice. "Only the best for you and the baby." He said with a large dimpled smile. He quickly kissed Samantha and she kissed him back gently.

He pulled away and went around and got in bed next to her. He looked over at her, "Can you imagine us in ten years...Ill be here next to you wearing glasses and probably reading a newspaper and you'll be reading a magazine and having Adam running around here." She laughed loudly and he smiled at her.

"Who's Adam?" She asked and he smirked. "Our son of course." He said and she giggled. "Adam Marx? I dig it." She said and he smiled. "I could kiss you right now but that tray is in the way." He said and she shrugged, "Life's hard." She said taking a bite of fruit and chewing it.

He laughed and whistled for Alaska and he came running over. "Hey bud." He said lifting up Alaska and putting him on the bed. Alaska shook his tail and leaped onto Nick and then pulled back as Nick reached out to get him.

"Oh you wanna play now?" Nick asked and Alaska yapped in excitement. Samantha ate and laughed at them as Nick ran around the room after Alaska. "You guys are silly." She said laughing as Nick slid and fell on the ground. Samantha got up and went over to him and helped him up.