Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Samantha opened the door, ready for work and she almost dropped her coffee in shock of seeing Nick sleeping in front of her door. He had his arm under his head and his body was stretched out in front of the door. She hadn't expected him to be still outside of her door.

She sighed and went back into her apartment quickly, coming back with a blanket and pillow. She gently laid the blanket on him and placed the pillow under his head. She went back and made him a cup of coffee and wrote on a little sticky note saying, 'I love you' but she threw it out and wrote a different note saying, 'You're gonna have to try harder' and then walking out quietly and going into the elevator, heading off to work.

Nick was awaken by a poke against his arm. "Mmm..." He moaned looking around and his eyes fell upon a little girl. She had her blonde hair braided and her curious brown eyes watched him. He sat up and leaned back against the door, "Excuse me sir?" the little girl said as he looked over at the steaming cup of coffee and he read the note Samantha left and laughed.

"Yes kiddo?" He answered looking at the girl. "Why are you outside? Is she mad at you?" The little girl asked chewing a large wad of pink gum.

"People do crazy things for love." He said before taking a sip of the delicious coffee and rolling his head around trying to release the crink in his neck.

"Really? Then I hope I NEVER fall in love." Was her quick response, "You say that now just like every other kid." He answered and the girl pouted.

"I'm Katherine but you can call me Katy. I'm seven years old." She said eyeing him and chewing her gum obnoxiously.

"I'm Nick...you can call me Nick. I'm twenty three." He said and her eyes widened. "You're a-a-why you're a dinosaur!" She said about his age and he let out a laugh.

"How old's Samantha? she's been my neighbor for a year and I don't know how old she is!" Katy said as a matter-of-factly and Nick smiled and she blushed.

"Samantha is a year younger than me...she's twenty two." He said and she blushed harder. "You're hot." She said without hesitation, making him laugh. "If I was seven i'd say you're pretty hot." He said making her turn super red.

"You should meet my sister...she's old just like you and she's pretty and we could give you some food." The little girl said offering him a smile.

"Okay if you insist." He said as the girl kept nudging him to stand up. He finished his coffee and picked up the sticky note. It made him realize that she somewhat still loved him enough to cover him in a blanket and place a pillow under his head and leave him out a cup of coffee.

He smiled and followed the girl to a door right next to Samantha's. He yawned as the girl opened the door and he followed her inside. Light radiated all through the apartment and wiped his eyes to wake himself up more.

"Sissy! I brought a friend home! Can you make him breakfast please?" She called out and a voice answered.

"Hey..." The girl came out of a room and she had long blonde hair that waved down her back gently. She had a few freckles on her nose and shimmering green eyes, she let out a breath before offering him a smile.

"Hey, I'm Nick." He said extending his hand out to her which she grabbed quickly and smiled at him again.

"Oh um, I'm Brandy." She said as he released her hand and shrugged. "Nick's my new best friend! Right?" Katherine asked gaining a laugh from him. "Yep." He said as she lead him to the kitchen table.

"I'll make us pancakes and eggs and sausages." Brandy said going into the small kitchen and started cooking. "How long have you been Samantha's boyfriend?" Katy asked making him smile, he liked this little girl.